You think UPS screwed you? Not like me.

Munchlaxatives

• Members

As someone else said, you screwed yourself on that one.

If the seller didnt insure the guitar, thats HIS problem! You paid for a guitar in good condition and he has to deliver what he promised or return your money..

Now that you've agreed to accept a repaired instrument, youre gonna have to live wth it. UPS didnt screw you, you screwed yourself! :poke:

I have to agree with this. The seller got off light on this one. You should have gotten your money back and not a broken guitar.

• Members

I don't think you guys are actually reading. The seller paid to have it fixed, and it is, I just need to get the finish for the neck.

Well you paid a price for a guitar in a given condition. The value of that guitar was significantly reduced when the neck broke. You should be compensated for that beyond the cost of repair. Or, you should have been given the opportunity to walk away from the deal and get your initial payment back.

Who repaired it? The finish work should have been done then. It's not rocket science, but it's not a trivial job either, especially when trying to blend over a large area.

• Members

I don't think you guys are actually reading. The seller paid to have it fixed, and it is, I just need to get the finish for the neck.

Who fixed it? It shoudl have been done by a reputable luthier and done right the first time.

This is a confusing and silly thread - your topic claims that this is a UPS screwing-you-over problem even though you did not get insurance or bother filing a claim for the mishandling that a witness saw.... then you say it's not the seller's fault because they did not get insurance and paid for the repair... then you actually get the the heart of your question about how the repair is somewhat substandard and feels wrong, when it should have been done the right way from the get-go.

So are you screwed, or are you just screwing with HCEG? Screwy. :poke:

• Members

I think everyone is reading. I think you don't understand that you should have gotten your money back from the seller and the seller should have gotten the broken guitar back. The fact that the seller only had to pay for a repair means he got off light. You paid for a guitar in condition A, when you got it the guitar was in condition B and now that it is repaired it is in condition C. C is not A, so you got slightly ripped off.

• Members

Who fixed it? It shoudl have been done by a reputable luthier and done right the first time.

This is a confusing and silly thread - your topic claims that this is a UPS screwing-you-over problem even though you did not get insurance or bother filing a claim for the mishandling that a witness saw.... then you say it's not the seller's fault because they did not get insurance and paid for the repair... then you actually get the the heart of your question about how the repair is somewhat substandard and feels wrong, when it should have been done the right way from the get-go.

So are you screwed, or are you just screwing with HCEG? Screwy. :poke:

Damn straight...!

• Members

Wow, I had to go back and look at that and the tried to see if my thumb would bend like that. That is {censored}ed up. Must be double jointed.

Mine does that too. A microbiology professor I had once said that only like 10% of the population can do it. Everyone else has straight thumbs.

Archived