EPI SPECIAL II UPGRADE Part 2!!!!!

guitarheo3

• Members

Just an update, It's on the final stages of the pink. Just some parts I need to fix before the clear. The neck is on the pink stage of the headsstock. I shaped the top off to a pointer Synyster Gatesish shape.
pic0319091jpg-18.jpg

more to come during spring break (next week)

:wave:

• Members

There is an LP Special II in wine red (transparent..shows the wood) brand new up the road from me for $179.99
Is it actually a good one to buy?
It did play well but I've never really taken them seriously at all.

• Members
There is an LP Special II in wine red (transparent..shows the wood) brand new up the road from me for $179.99

Is it actually a good one to buy?

It did play well but I've never really taken them seriously at all.

They are pretty nice. After a pickup change and action adjustment I gained lots of respect for mine. I say go for it. And they make good project guitars also. :thu::wave:

• Members
As long as you have more coats of clear to put on, don't worry about the scratches, but you may want to decrease (increase in number) the grit of sandpaper you're using. What grit was used last?

Ok, thanks! I think i'll need about 6 more coats. It's lookin godd. Then polish it and then let it sit in the parlor on a pillow for a month :thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

just got it assembled after the humbucker covers showed up
assemble.jpg

and got the neck on. sorry its a blurry pic but u can kinda see the A7x sweat band
assemble2.jpg
cuz i saw them last night
synyster.jpg

stupid question lol:
Why do people put a sweatband over their nut on the guitar?

• Members

well wiring has proved to be a pain.. i've retried to wire it 3 times and checking each connection with tha meter thingy that i cant remeber the name right now... it should work but it doesn't so now just waiting for my mom to help me :facepalm::wave:

Archived