HAVE YOU USED "SNAGG IT"?

mymindsok

• Members

I have seen several ads for the Snag It lately. It's a system where you put a chip into your guitar and then if/when your axe is stolen, the Pawn Shop can check to see if the seller is the real owner.

The price is reasonable but what do you think?

• Members

I like the idea of it, but you'd have to hope the pawn shop would use the technology.

Herein lies the problem.

Does a pawnshop (in business to make a profit) want to go to the trouble of referencing a database (generally at some expense) to determine the rightful owner of a product? The sale of which would generally go unnoticed...

If it's stolen, the pawnshop owner probably doesn't want to know about it.:lol:

• Members
You know the CIA is monitoring thoses chips and youing them to send a subliminal message to those who hear you play!!

CIA is listening to you practicing and laughing their asses off at every flubbed note! :p

• Members
Herein lies the problem.

Does a pawnshop (in business to make a profit) want to go to the trouble of referencing a database (generally at some expense) to determine the rightful owner of a product? The sale of which would generally go unnoticed...

If it's stolen, the pawnshop owner probably doesn't want to know about it.
:lol:

yep they do..... selling stolen merch is not a business they want to be in...
But on the other hand, this will only increase the price a pawnshop charges for a guitar with said system......:idk:

• Members
You know the CIA is monitoring thoses chips and youing them to send a subliminal message to those who hear you play!!

Well, since I got my newest Carvin (which has a SNAGG in it) I've don'e nothign but bring the fwakin br00talz! Could this chip be controlling me? Directing me to darker things? The nature of evil is, after all, secrecy.. :eek:

And yes, I'm glad mine has the chips.. Someday, that pawnshop owner won't have a choice about scanning it. At that point, a lot of stolen property is going to be recovered, or at least tracked..

• 7 months later...
  • Members

looks like the server is dead and the ph number dosent work

Probably a good indication that it's not money well spent. I don't really understand putting that kind of technology into an item only worth a few thousand dollars when there's no guarentee that it would be recovered anyway. If it's included in the price of the amp, whatever but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it installed.

• Members

SNAGG is interesting, but I think a better solution is micro-GPS. Unfortunately here are the problems:

>At this time the longest battery life is 2 weeks (one of the most popular - Zoombak - is only 5 days)

>initial cost - $200 for the device

>the makers of those GPS systems require you to register and pay a monthly fee, anywhere from $10 to $30 per month

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Just ordered 7 SNAGG chips from Don.He may have pared down staff dramatically.Emailed me regarding special order inquiry for 7 chips(the current web special is 6 chips).My insurance company deducts $20 a year from my policy so the chips are paid for in 5 years.Not bad..

Archived