v-pick

cincy_cosmo

• Members

HC news had a item the other day about v-picks. I have tons of picks, so what is a few more? I ordered and quickly got them in the mail and have to say I really like the tone, weight and design of them. The only drag is they are clear, which means hard to find if dropped.

Anyone else use them?

• Members

Love mine. I like the oversize shape. Wear is nearly non-existent, tone is always the same, great control, being clear is an issue - they can be tough to see.

I've had three for over 2 years and haven't bought any other picks. Not even more v-picks, they just don't wear out.

• Members

I've got a mixed dozen but don't really care for them. The thicker ones are okay - feels as if they're made of plexiglass, or maybe Lexan (like Dunlop Stubbies). The thin ones feel really brittle (and I bet they are), and the tone from them is really thin too.

• Members

I tried a few, and I like the smaller, pointy/triangular one best. It's surprisingly comfortable, and it does glide over the strings a little more smoothly than a normal pick. The tone is quite a bit brighter, which works for some things and not for others. They're not making me give up my normal picks, but I like using them and I'm glad I have a few. They sent me one of the bigger, more rounded-edge picks (less triangular) for free, but I didn't like it at all.

• Members

I use V-Picks exclusively since I got them, great product!

Especially Snake pointed is my pick of choice.

I like the Screamer and Diamond pointed very much too.

I was looking very long for a perfect pick. I have bought dozens of different models of picks. I used mostly Dunlop Jazz III, Jazztone and Stuby/Big Stubby picks and like them very much, but none of them was 100% what I wanted.

But V-Picks have ended my search for a perfect pick :thu:

• Members

I have four or them, but I don't like them at all - zero flexibility and too oversized for my tastes. No matter what I try - V-picks, wooden picks, Mexican pesos filed down -- I just haven't found anything I like btter than good ol' Dunlop nylon .73s.

my brother!

but honestly...for some reason, i have been playing with my fingers so much in the past year that a pick feels awkward no matter what...seriously, it is all {censored}ed up...i never thought I would be like Buckingham...and i'm not really, but that is how it's been going down...

• Members

I use these. The blue ones. 3.0mm stubby.

D474R30XX_ip.jpg

Are the v-picks really that much better and worth that much more $$$?

I can get 24 of mine for 7.99. I can get a whopping 2 vpicks for that.

We are not talking a lot of $$$ here. Just buy a couple of them or get a sample pack. We spend a fortune on our effects, amps, pups, mods, etc... but we flip out if we have to pay more than 30 cents for a pick. :poke:

I have found they are great for some applications, but no pick does at all... at least for me. I enjoy using a variety... keeps things fresh. Take a chance, you might find a new element that makes things fresh again.

• Members

We are not talking a lot of $$$ here. Just buy a couple of them or get a sample pack. We spend a fortune on our effects, amps, pups, mods, etc...
but we flip out if we have to pay more than 30 cents for a pick.
:poke:

that's because we don't lose a pedal or two, an amp, a pickup, etc... every gig.

• Members

I love'em but they got rough and scratchy like every other pick after a few songs. The shape and feel are great. They should really make more colors. I don't care how grippy they say they are, people are still gonna drop them and immediately lose them 'cause they're clear.

• Members

I have a medium pointed that is my favorite pick. I like how they glide over the strings, and it's easier to hold a really thick pick. At a gig I'd probably use stubbies or Primetones or something else that's cheaper and not clear.

• Members

I'm going to check them out. I hate picks that have any flexibility whatsoever. I've found that the firmer the pick, the more control you have over dynamics and pick attack

If you want 0-flexibility check out some Brossard Picks/. You can get wood, bone, horne, abalone, etc..

I'm really fond of my Groovy Dirty-blond Horn pick

I have an ebony as well but I definitely prefer the articulate sound of the horn. Either way they are 0 flex and should last forever.

Haven't decided if I want to pony up for an Abalone pick or not but I'll probably give in to the temptation at some point.

-Kit

• Members

Noooo... but I would like to try a Blue Chip.

I tried one at a show last month.

It was interesting but I didn't see that it was worth the $$.

I thought about buying one just to test but I'm so used to the DUnlop Jazz picks now, anything else just doesn't feel right.

• Members

I use these. The blue ones. 3.0mm stubby.

D474R30XX_ip.jpg

Are the v-picks really that much better and worth that much more $$$?

I can get 24 of mine for 7.99. I can get a whopping 2 vpicks for that.

No. The material is very similar if not identical (the Stubbies are made of Lexan).

Archived