Just ordered a Carvin

scgmhawk

• Members

BoltPlus with Wilkinson Tremelo (this picture has a Floyd). It should look like the image below. It'll be about 6 weeks until I receive it. I'm really psyched! I've been hemming and hawwking about what to get for a couple of months now. Looked at a bunch of different models and price ranges. Decided to take the plunge without ever playing one. $894 built and shipped.

boltplust-blueburst-84569.jpg

• Members

I think you'll be pleased. I've built 3 bolt kits. 1 HSS, and 2 +'s. Great, great guitars. The last one had jumbo ss frets, my favorite neck so far.

I've never had them build me one but I may next time.

Now for the LLOOOONNNGGGGG wait. :poke:

• Members

BoltPlus with Wilkinson Tremelo (this picture has a Floyd). It should look like the image below. It'll be about 6 weeks until I receive it. I'm really psyched! I've been hemming and hawwking about what to get for a couple of months now. Looked at a bunch of different models and price ranges. Decided to take the plunge without ever playing one. $894 built and shipped.

boltplust-blueburst-84569.jpg

Had that very guitar...without the trem. Played great. Hope you like it man. However, you might ask them to make sure to get the blue dark enough to actually look blue in the light. Mine was more turquoise than blue...unless that is what you're going for!

• Members

the straight string path on the new headstock, and the graphtech nut (still stock?) makes the Wilky a good choice, a little nut butter and it should stay in tune well...Sperzels?

It was a loooong wait for my DC150 years ago and $440 was a lot then (hmmm now too...;)) but a great day when it arrived Happy FNGD!

• Members

Had that very guitar...without the trem. Played great. Hope you like it man. However, you might ask them to make sure to get the blue dark enough to actually look blue in the light. Mine was more turquoise than blue...unless that is what you're going for!

That's exactly what I wanted, but I ended up with the super dark blue =

Congrats on the new Carvin! :thu:

• Members

I played a white one with matching headstock from this dude I sold a guitar to a couple of days ago and it was a great guitar. The wiring options on his were sweet. convincing strat tones from 2 humbuckers too when split. His had a Floyd and cost $999 as per his options.The ebony board/action were really fast, your in for a treat good for you:thu:

• Members

It's a Wilky, which I've read on the Carvin forum aren't horrible. I'm not a big trem user anyway but like to have one. I've seen some VERY dark bluebursts...I hope mine shows the blue as well (that's a crapshoot). It does have the tilted headstock and graphtech nut (i believe :confused:). I'm pretty psyched. If it plays half as good as the Carvinites say, it'll be a steal!

Archived