New Guitar Day! Yamaha Content

KightTemplar

• Members

Ok, actually it's not new guitar day but first anniversary instead. Exactly one year ago, I bought this cool looking Yamaha RGXTT, the Ty Tabor signature, and it became my fav axe ever since. Wilky trem, SD pups, Sperzel locking tuners.......I could go on. But the point is, this guitar has the quality of the Ibanez Andy Timmons, but with the price of MExican Standard Strat (actually, less than that)! Both the Timmons and Tabor have similar specs and features, but the Timmons is more traditional IMO, while the Tybor is more modern, and can do blues and metal no probs. I can get the Eric Johnson tone with just an overdrive pedal into Fender Blues Jr!

Yea I should have put on a NGD thread but I was not active here back then, so I opened one for the anniversary. Below are the new pics I took. Give me the chicks, fireworks, or whatever! :cop:

f_3260966_1.JPG

f_3260979_1.JPG

f_3260980_1.JPG

f_3260981_1.JPG

f_3260982_1.JPG

f_3260978_1.JPG

I am no astute photographer, so please pardon me if the quality is not the best.....

• Members

That is one purdy guitar. Are those Vintage Rails in the neck and middle positions? I have a Vintage Rail in the mid position of my Roadstar and it is one of my favorite pickups. HNG(anniversary)D!

Yep those are the Vintage Rails. But I guess one day I will change the neck into Cool Rail or mini '59 cause I need a more silky distorted tone at this position, but retaining the single-coil like clean.

With the JB I can get a meaty tone, and if I use my Proco Rat, I can get Jeff Beck's tone in no time! With the rest of the positions I can get the strat tones of course, although not in a classic way. The second position is very acoustic-like! The mini button behind the tone pot is the coil-split for the JB.

I guess the Ty Tabor model was the best Non-Japanese Yamaha model ever.

And if you are wondering the signature you see in my guitar........Yep, that's Ty's own personal signature! He probably signed on her when he visited the factory, or when he visited the store where I bought her.

f_1812648_1.JPG

And I name her Purple Haze!

• Members

Yea those are Jumbo frets.

The point of those freyboard pics is to show the unique and cool fret marks.
:thu:

Just about anywhere you look on that guitar, there is something cool and innovative, from the headstock (recessed tuner posts) to the location of the jack. There is something tastefully sober about the design of that guitar: it is full of features, yet it doesn't look overdone. I really believe that the designers at Yamaha are among the very best there is. The line of the SA2200 is such an elegant improvement on the "Mickey mouse" ears 335. The Tele Pacificas are also very nicely done.

• Members

Just about anywhere you look on that guitar, there is something cool and innovative, from the headstock (recessed tuner posts) to the location of the jack. There is something tastefully
sober
about the design of that guitar: it is full of features, yet it doesn't look overdone. I really believe that the designers at Yamaha are among the very best there is. The line of the SA2200 is such an elegant improvement on the "Mickey mouse" ears 335. The Tele Pacificas are also very nicely done.

I would say that the design is rather "rational" and "functional". As Ty himself said in the Yamaha Guitar book, everything about the guitar was designed to work on stage in a realistic way. Some people don't like the jack location, but hey you can't satisfy everyone. ;)

I guess I would change the neck pickup to the Cool Rail cause I prefer a more silky tone when I switch to the neck position.

I have yet to see the SA2200 with my own eyes, but that's not the type of guitar that I would buy these days.

I love the Tele Pacificas. I always thought that shape is what Fender should have come up with in the 90s! Tried the Mike Stern, good sounds, but I deslike the vintage bridge 'cause I cannot palm mute on it. Saw a 402s Tele Pac with quilted maple top, and that looks gorgeous! And at a price that's almost a give away!

But my objective now is to get a 90s RGX that I saw. The feel and tone of that one suspasses ANY Ibanez RG I played except the J-Custom ones. The real Swiss Army knife among guitars! Check this out!

:eek::thu:

http://www.tcgakki.com/thumbnails/?p=009682

Archived