Rondo custom shop

joseflovesyou

• Members

If you don't like it don't do it. Nobody is forcing you to get a quote.

Lots of businesses charge for quotes.

Go to a good lawyer and see if he gives you a quote for free for your legal work.

Go to your doctor and see if he freely quotes you for your ailment.

They'll give you a free quote of HOW MUCH those things will cost you.

Has anyone tried it yet? I'm interested to see how much their customs go for.

• Members

They'll give you a free quote of HOW MUCH those things will cost you.

Has anyone tried it yet? I'm interested to see how much their customs go for.

No they won't. You'll have to pay for an office visit at the doctor. Top attorneys will bill you for the visit.

• Members

I see no problem with charging for the quote because to be honest he is making his money selling a standard stock; this is more in the line of special requests and takes time (which equals money) to calculate. It also seperates the tire kickers. I mean let's be honest if you are on the rondo website you are looking to maximize your dollar which means a lot of people would probably pass after seeing the price.

Comparing the to Carvin isn't fair since they are based as a custom manufacturer and they build their own guitars. It's what they do and how they operate. Kurt has to get a quote from a manufacturer overseas which I am sure isn't the most convenient way to do it. I mean one-offing a guitar screws up the process a bit.

I do think that if he put the quote price toward the actual purchase that some people would be more interested or accepting of the quote charge.

• Members

Hi

Does anybody play a Rondo guitar(Strat)?
Does anybody make a custom order yet?
If so how are they?

To what do they compare?
(I have no idea but i want to look in their custom section.No way to play one over here.And still as a big Fender fan their prices run out of my willingness to pay)
Squier China
or
Squier CV
or
MIM
or whatelse?

thanks for enlighting me

Roland

(You may wonder but i seriously look in this options.the main issues of a guitar in first place is wood and precision of work.Also a chinese Squier is not too bad in this the rest is horrible.But you always can change,tuners,pickups strings easily and it seems that US fender is a bit short of real good wood(other diection I look is Warmoth)

• Members
Hi

Does anybody play a Rondo guitar(Strat)?

Does anybody make a custom order yet?

If so how are they?

To what do they compare?

(I have no idea but i want to look in their custom section.No way to play one over here.And still as a big Fender fan their prices run out of my willingness to pay)

Squier China

or

Squier CV

or

MIM

or whatelse?

thanks for enlighting me

Roland

(You may wonder but i seriously look in this options.the main issues of a guitar in first place is wood and precision of work.Also a chinese Squier is not too bad in this the rest is horrible.But you always can change,tuners,pickups strings easily and it seems that US fender is a bit short of real good wood(other diection I look is Warmoth)

to be brutally honest, for a strat id not go agile custom. simple reason is that you start with a $400 guitar for example (st-1000) bump that to $600 for the custom charge and you have a price coming close to a warmoth. in theory that agile will be just as nice as the warmoth. both will use decent woods and poly finishes. the big thing - being custom and all - is that with warmoth you can pick the exact body you want from teh showcase. with agile you wont know til you get it. obviously if its a solid colour you might care alot less and the agile starts becoming a better deal.

another thing about the agile strats is that they are aparently a little different shape and contoured than a fender. that might matter to some strat fanatics, not sure.

as for quality, it will be similar quality to an agile :p
i own 2 cv's and various agiles (not a strat though) and id say they are equal for body and neck construction. i might hand it to the cv on finish over lower end agiles though - cv's are really really nice.

• Members
to be brutally honest, for a strat id not go agile custom. simple reason is that you start with a $400 guitar for example (st-1000) bump that to $600 for the custom charge and you have a price coming close to a warmoth. in theory that agile will be just as nice as the warmoth. both will use decent woods and poly finishes. the big thing - being custom and all - is that with warmoth you can pick the exact body you want from teh showcase. with agile you wont know til you get it. obviously if its a solid colour you might care alot less and the agile starts becoming a better deal.

another thing about the agile strats is that they are aparently a little different shape and contoured than a fender. that might matter to some strat fanatics, not sure.

as for quality, it will be similar quality to an agile
:p
i own 2 cv's and various agiles (not a strat though) and id say they are equal for body and neck construction. i might hand it to the cv on finish over lower end agiles though - cv's are really really nice.

Thanks

Actually I am gasing for my first ever Tele.And as I only can compare Strats this was my starting point.I (wildly) guess that they would not manufacturer any of there guitars very different.I have a real CS Strat and after little trying in shops (much less density here in Europe)I am thinking about a to get one.As I am not sure I dont want to spend a million but ,then again the guitar shouldnt take away the fun right in the beginning(and I need beauty in tone & apperance).Maybe i end up with a MIM Tele or a Squier VM.But I give Rondo a serious thought

Thanks again

Roland

• Members

Well, just to let everyone know, I got a custome Agile Ghost about a year and a half ago, back when he was doing them on a request by request basis. I paid only the 50% markup and got an EMG 81/85 combo, ebony fingerboard, custom inlays and custom paint job. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Only guitar I have that rivals it is my dean from hell

• Members
Well, just to let everyone know, I got a custome Agile Ghost about a year and a half ago, back when he was doing them on a request by request basis. I paid only the 50% markup and got an EMG 81/85 combo, ebony fingerboard, custom inlays and custom paint job. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Only guitar I have that rivals it is my dean from hell

yours is the camo one right? you should post pics :)

• Members

guys, its ten bucks, so stop crying over it. do you know what ten bucks are? about 10 picks, or 2 sets of string or maybe some lemon oil or something...its not that big a deal.

with that said, that 500 dollar only stands for if you're doing a basic change on an AL2000. like, you get a basic al2000, and remove the inlays. you are paying em about 500 bucks. do you think that that really is worth it? to me, no, not at all. but, if you're going beyond and doing something very unique, then it will be a bit more. i know that if you get a solid flame top, then you are looking at about double the price, and your guitar is now in the 900-1000 dollar range. if you get a plain maple top with a veneer over it, then its about half of that.

i'm just hoping kurt gives me a great price on a custom...still waiting on it.

how is thier custom quality? i cant say, as i dont have a custom. but from people who have a custom, some of them say that it out played their 3000 dollar gibson and PRSs to the point where some of them sold a few of their gibsons and prss. is that true? i'm not sure. but i think, part of their reasoning is that for a whole lot less, you are getting features you actually want and use. for 3000 dollars, gibson and prs aren't giving each and every customer a guitar they want with features they want themselves. gibson and prs use their standard features on a lot of their guitars and hope their audience likes em. sure, it works for most people...

comparing them to a carvin is a rather unfair comparison, but also a fair comparison. what agile is import guitars, is what carvin is to usa guitars. both guitars cut out LOTS of middle men and thus, their prices are very low. a top of the line agile, many compare to a 1000-1500 dollar guitar from any manufacture in japan or usa or where ever. a 1500 dollar carvin some compare to a 3000 or more dollar USA gibson/prs/hamer/dean/fender and other guitars...

from my experience of owning two agiles, i have to say they have some of the nicest and smoothest frets found on ANY guitar i've ever tried. that is an exception if you consider some of the USA and japanese jackson guitars. but thats just my opinion.

• Members
i know that if you get a solid flame top, then you are looking at about double the price, and your guitar is now in the 900-1000 dollar range. if you get a plain maple top with a veneer over it, then its about half of that.

to clarify on the why for this. its because - using an al series and an example - a maple veneered model starts with a base al-3000 at $389. a solid cap starts with an al-4000 at $699. tack on 50% and it starts looking pretty bad for the solid cap. BUT there is more than just the cap on that model that made it expensive. it also came with a tone pros bridge and duncan pickups.

:)

• Members
to clarify on the why for this. its because - using an al series and an example - a maple veneered model starts with a base al-3000 at $389. a solid cap starts with an al-4000 at $699. tack on 50% and it starts looking pretty bad for the solid cap. BUT there is more than just the cap on that model that made it expensive. it also came with a tone pros bridge and duncan pickups.

:)

well, one could always get a plain top and then put a veneer on top of it like this
solt_tab_7.jpg

you'd get the same tone, and step 20 feet away, and you wont really be able to tell the difference.

like this. apparently this has a solid flamed top, but you cant really see it from this far off
ps4000blue4.jpg

• Members

I can build a army of guitars with parts bought off of Guitar Fetish (about the same quality as Rondo stuff)

guitar fetish makes set neck bodies and necks to build custom guitars with?

$500 for a high quality custom set neck guitar is cheap. i dont know any other place near that.

partsocasters are a different subject, as theres alot of body and neck parts floating around at many price points.

Archived