OT: Outkast!

2pacHendrix

• Members

Anybody else dig 'em?

I' ve been listening to them since second grade (When Ms. Jackson came out) and I've really loved their sound. I really enjoy their early stuff, I hate 'Hey Ya' and 'Roses',but 'BOB' and 'Rosa Parks' on the other hand...:thu:

So, I was just wondering if any of you guys like Outkast, they are really unique and unlike any other rap group out there. Here are a few clips. Check out 'B.O.B.' (AKA Bombs Over Baghdad) and just listen to how fast he is!

[YOUTUBE]Mf39A6DVNgI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]CPb2ZuvQxcA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]G34ThEB4rWc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RTtfBJiVVfo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]p5UJjQt3bkM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]T7s26wNiozo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OuNX2P7v5S8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

They really are great and have very intellegent lyrics and their timing is insane!

Please, even if you hate rap, give them a listen!!!!!!!

• Members
It's sad that rap has taken the steep downhill path it has taken in the last few years, it is really hard for people to take hip hop seriously now with lyrics like 'She lick me like a lollipop'
:facepalm:

Yeah! These AC/DC lyrics, on the other hand, are thought-provoking and encourage me to ponder the seriousness of their music....

Went down the highway

Broke the limit, we hit the town

Went through to Texas, yeah Texas

And we had some fun

We met some girls

Some dancers who gave a good time

Broke all the rules, played all the fools

Yeah, yeah, they, they, they blew our minds

I was shakin' at the knees

Could I come again please?

Yeah the ladies were too kind

You've been - thunderstruck, thunderstruck

Yeah yeah yeah, thunderstruck

Pop music doesn't have to be dumb, but it doesn't hurt either, if it's good. I'd say about a third of the bands that people on this board find awesome have dumb{censored} lyrics.

That said, OutKast is {censored}ing amazing. Usually. Idyllwild was not very good. The rest of their stuff is pretty much outstanding psychedelic hip-hop.

• Members

dude,stankonia came out in like 2000...i've dug outkast since southernplayalisticpshycocadilacmuzik...that was like '96...i'm mainly a red dirt fan,but i dig alot of old school rap like nwa,getto boys,dj quik...most of the new rap is complete {censored} though,the rap i dig actualy has meaningful lyrics...i {censored}in' love haystak and bubba sparxxx...check these out

haystak

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

bubba sparxxx

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

if you've ever been poor white trash,country or city,you'll defineately get this {censored}.these guys rap about real life,realy listen to the lyrics...if you dig this,go to myspace and check out alex king...

Damon

• Members
You were in second grade when Ms. Jackson came out?

Man, I'm getting old...

:p
Man, me too. I remember when I used to skip elementary school to watch Ed, Edd n Eddy all day. Now in April I will be driving! Time flies.
I can't believe that album came out 9 years ago!

• Members

Yeah, Outkast is the {censored}! They always keep putting out good music, and have been doing it for years. One of the greatest hiphop groups ever IMO.

I don't listen to them much, but I like a lot of their stuff. Are they making another group album? Seems like a while since they put one out.

• Members

Outkast kills it.

Theres is so much awesome hip hop out there though it's sad that a lot of people just write it all off as {censored} because of whats on MTV.

Hip hop is way more experimental/alive/growing to me than rock. I'm really beginning to like it a lot better. It's just so versatile. You can do anything you want.

• Members

BTW, yes, Outkast is awesome. I started picking up on them around the time Rosa Parks was out. If you'd asked me, I'd have told you that all hip-hop was {censored} until I heard them.

I still think a lot of hip-hop is {censored}, but less so than the 'rock' that's coming out these days. Oddly, I'm finding myself gravitating heavily toward the two genres (hip-hop and country) of music I'd have told you I hated 10 years ago. :idk:

• Members

I mostly listen to independent artists, or ones that aren't on the major labels. Two of my faves are MF Doom and Canibus. And I like some who are kinda mainstream but still keep it real, like Wu-Tang, The Roots, sometimes Common, Ice Cube.

I wish people didn't think that hiphop is just the Souljah Boy, Yung Joc {censored} that gets played on the music stations. And there's a lot of good stuff that came out after the good stuff in the '80s. People may think good hiphop died after the early days, but it's still good, you just gotta filter out the MTV bull{censored} playing the party/money/bitches and hoes/bling music, and look in other places. Especially the underground.

• Members

I mostly listen to independent artists, or ones that aren't on the major labels. Two of my faves are MF Doom and Canibus. And I like some who are kinda mainstream but still keep it real, like Wu-Tang, The Roots, sometimes Common, Ice Cube.

I wish people didn't think that hiphop is just the Souljah Boy, Yung Joc {censored} that gets played on the music stations. And there's a lot of good stuff that came out after the good stuff in the '80s. People may think good hiphop died after the early days, but it's still good, you just gotta filter out the MTV bull{censored} playing the party/money/bitches and hoes/bling music, and look in other places. Especially the underground.

Definitely. I'll never find a group that will replace Public Enemy for me, but there's some good stuff out there. They get flamed a lot from what I see, but I like Flobots quite a bit. The Roots are awesome. Wu-Tang is great. Michael Franti is awesome.

I'm gonna hi-jack the thread here: Recommend me some more!

Archived