NGD: My latest weirdo, courtesy eBay...

Funderbunk

• Members

Just got my latest oddball addition to the family.

Headstock says Godin, but there's no way in heck it is. Korean made, allegedly, but could be China or ?

Strat copy, triple humbucker, gold hardware, licensed Floyd Rose Pro, wacky paint scheme and inlays. How could I resist?

BSPz9R2kKGrHgoOKj4EjlLmYTiBKCM0bWgf.jpg

fe18_1.jpg

feaf_1.jpg

Looks like I'll need to reset the neck after shipping, and it will need a setup... the Floyd looks pretty cheesy in gold, may get swapped with a black one...

• Members

is that body pine?

It might be - it's 4 pieces of something that has slightly more pronounced grain than maple and isn't as heavy - plus the obvious knots, etc. Surprisingly, the body is actually pretty resonant unplugged and with the ol' knuckle rap test.

The whole thing is just such a collection of bizarreness - the headstock, while it says Godin, is such a dead ringer shape-wise to a strat headstock that I'm sure Fender lawyers would at least raise their eyebrows. The inlays - what, and why? They seem to be executed relatively well, for a GUO (guitar of unknown origin). What they were thinking with this one, I'll never know.

• Members

A lot of crap can be said about Ebay and a lot of it is true, but it is still the best place to find oddball guitars.

And the good thing about liking oddball guitars is since not many people are into them, they tend to be cheaper. I'm looking at an unusual acoustic on Ebay right now.

Archived