someone hands you 1K, what do you buy?

JohnnyRaincheck

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Probably a WHITE san dimas charvel.

Tung oiled, unpainted Koa San Dimas for me. :love: H-H pickups with Floyd and either pau ferro or ebony board. :love:

Of course I realize I'd have to throw in some more $$$, but a grand would be a good start...

• Members

Well if I can pay the difference I would get an American Standard Strat and finally have an American made guitar.

If I have to stay within the 1k given to me then I would go out and buy VOX AC15 and a cheap guitar with the rest of the money.

Yep, that's pretty much it!

• Members

If I didn't already have a Mac, I'd get in on this 20" iMac with Intel Duo Core for $949.

http://store.apple.com/us-hed/product/MB323LL/A?mco=Mjk1NDIxOQ

imac2007.jpg

Comes with iLife 9 and that means...Garage Band! Plus the audio capabilities are excellent for an off-the-shelf computer:

Built-in stereo speakers with 24-watt digital amplifier, built-in microphone, optical digital audio output/headphone out, optical digital audio input/audio line in

and Firewire 400 and 800 to power a nice digital interface for your Garage Band software. And if you have a camcorder with a firewire out, you can capture those videos to iMovie, edit them, and post them directly to YouTube in HD if you wish. More computer than most people ever need.

That's about the best thing that you can do to improve your guitar playing!

• Members

If I didn't already have a Mac, I'd get in on this 20" iMac with Intel Duo Core for $949.

http://store.apple.com/us-hed/product/MB323LL/A?mco=Mjk1NDIxOQ

imac2007.jpg

Comes with iLife 9 and that means...Garage Band! Plus the audio capabilities are excellent for an off-the-shelf computer:

Built-in stereo speakers with 24-watt digital amplifier, built-in microphone, optical digital audio output/headphone out, optical digital audio input/audio line in

and Firewire 400 and 800 to power a nice digital interface for your Garage Band software. And if you have a camcorder with a firewire out, you can capture those videos to iMovie, edit them, and post them directly to YouTube in HD if you wish. More computer than most people ever need.

That's about the best thing that you can do to improve your guitar playing!

Haha. I work at apple and get 25% off any computer, iPod, and device we have.

• Members

One of these, cept in solid black...

95839b.jpg

That is byooootyyyful! :love::love::love:

Myself, I would get this:

document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&base_pid=

Although thinking about it, I have a decent amount of debt, and lots of guitars, I would probably use it to pay off a chunk of my student loans.

Archived