Satriani vid?

scolfax

• Members

Hey, I've got one of those guitars - it's a Pignose!

Yep, the amp company tried their hand at imported Strat copies for a brief while. I have to admit, for an imported stratoclone it's not that bad - the neck actually has a fair amount of flame in it, the body is actually solid wood (I think alder, even) finish isn't too thick. Hardware sucks, and pickups are junk, but the bones are actually respectable - definitely worth the $67 I paid for it. But it's surely not a Satriani shredder.

• Members

that video is proof to me that tone is definitely not in the fingers...the playing is awesome but it sounds like {censored}.

well, its recorded on a handycam, then compressed to youtube. not saying the guitar is great, just that the video isnt a fair judge.

"so whats the story, Joe just hanging out with the locals?"

i think in the comments somewhere he said joe is his friends dad or something like that.

• Members
"that was a little painful on this guitar"

I wonder if that guy was insulted
:p

Maybe he had .10's on insted of girly .9's:lol: ...and those cheap strats necks aren't the most comfy ride ever....esepsh if your used to something more up market!

But that was an interesting video....and IMO that sounded pretty good for a cheapo guitar! Proof enough that the players hands are 90% of the tone!

• Members

well, its recorded on a handycam, then compressed to youtube. not saying the guitar is great, just that the video isnt a fair judge.

"so whats the story, Joe just hanging out with the locals?"

i think in the comments somewhere he said joe is his friends dad or something like that.

Sorry I'm not buying that...this is handycam then compressed too...

[YOUTUBE]sErcGctrwyc[/YOUTUBE]

sounds great..

• Members

sounds great..

debatable whether it sounds great, ill give you that its clearer. its also humbuckers vs singles, and his own gear set up how he likes it, so its obviously "different".

what makes you think its a handy cam shot and edited by a 16 year old though?

again, not arguing that the guitar is good, just that its not fair to make any sort of verdict based on that video.

• Members

debatable whether it sounds great, ill give you that its clearer. its also humbuckers vs singles, and his own gear set up how he likes it, so its obviously "different".

what makes you think its a handy cam shot and edited by a 16 year old though?

again, not arguing that the guitar is good, just that its not fair to make any sort of verdict based on that video.

It's obviously recorded to a camera. And why can't I make a verdict? I hear a ton of youtube videos that are recorded just like that and sound decent. I think it's the guitar and the amp and probably that digitech pedal...and that they sound like garbage. I mean {censored}..there is a HQ youtube version of it and it still sounds thin and sharp and shrill. If you were sitting in the room with joe listening it would sound every bit as bad......and again for those of you ready to chime in...NOT THE PLAYING...the guitar and amp tone.

• Members

It's obviously recorded to a camera. And why can't I make a verdict? I hear a ton of youtube videos that are recorded just like that and sound decent. I think it's the guitar and the amp and probably that digitech pedal...and that they sound like garbage. I mean {censored}..there is a HQ youtube version of it and it still sounds thin and sharp and shrill. If you were sitting in the room with joe listening it would sound every bit as bad......and again for those of you ready to chime in...NOT THE PLAYING...the guitar and amp tone.

It isn't that bad. I've heard a lot worse, even coming from boutique gear on youtube.com.

• Members

Who cares.....

Archived