NGD: First Act Sheena CE240

ArKay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How does it sound? The more objective of the UK guitar mags quite like the build quality but really slated the pickups for being unbalanced (neck:bridge) muddy and excessively hot (even on the top end custom shop model). I have to work in Brum Monday next week and the shop is only a couple of miles from where I'll be.

• Members

How does it sound? The more objective of the UK guitar mags quite like the build quality but really slated the pickups for being unbalanced (neck:bridge) muddy and excessively hot (even on the top end custom shop model). I have to work in Brum Monday next week and the shop is only a couple of miles from where I'll be.

They sounded really harsh at first, but I lowered them and now they sound ok to me. They are meaty, that's for sure. Do try it if you can since replacing the pickups would ruin the looks (IMHO), the humbucker mounting rings are slanted.

Tweedledee demoed his...

F4t9SddZsxM

• Members

Good call on the knobs.

Funny you needed to lower the pups, most of us needed to raise quite a bit, but guess setups vary quite a bit.

Can't get enough of my Lola. A bit tricky to dial in - really like the pups, but as mentioned before they're definitely hot and can be muddy without tweaking. But for me, it's easily worth the effort - great tones, and great playing as well.

Lipsticks... hmm... Good excuse for picking up a Sheena? :D

Overall, I'd agree that the blow-out deals are amazing as long as you plan to keep the axe; I doubt re-sale value will ever rise much, if at all. But what do I care? It's staying put! :thu:

HNGD!!!

• Members

I played them through a few patches with distortion and they sounded really harsh and ice-picky, so I lowered them and now they sound a lot better. They are set where they are on the pics.

Apart from that the guitar was pretty much set up, didn't have to fiddle with the bridge or saddles which was probably plain luck :)

If they would offer them in a different color here I would get another for modding. :idk:

Probably gonna redo the wiring, the cables are definitely too long. Any idea which caps they put in them?

• Members

The red one was not available when I ordered, hmmmmmmm...

"EX DEMO CLEARANCE First Act Sheena SFA2 CE240 - Trans red" - that's why then.

What's Reverb anyway? They bought up shops from other music store chains?

• Members

Reverb has arrived!

June 2008 saw the birth of Reverb Retail Ltd. Following the closure of 26 Sound Control stores, Andrew Landesberg, a leading figure in the Music industry, decided to create a new style of retail chain. 6 stores were purchased and the Reverb Revolution began.

Where and why?

The 6 stores sit in Glasgow, Birmingham, Bristol, Stockton, Leicester and Sheffield. 75 musicians work the stores and aim to offer excellent service and knowledge to help our customers make the right choice. If there happen to be any problems along the ride we are a friendly face you can come back to.

Distance selling?

In addition to these stores we have a national mail order team who are there to help out with any enquiry that you may have..

Education teams based in Scotland and England.

• Members

Happy NGD. I also have a Sheena CE240 in blue. I absolutely love it.

FWIW, I was in NYC last week and visited the JR store. They had one red Sheena CE240 demo for $90. I came very close to buying it but I restrained myself. I'm kinda kicking myself now. But I'm losing my job at the end of this month so I have to be a good girl and can't give into the GAS.

Yes, girls get GAS too. And some of us are just as obsessive about tone as you guys.

Archived