Fender Eric Johnson???

• Members

The Eric Johnson signature strat is one of the most outstanding strats on the market...great finish and awesome neck combined with fine woods and first class pickups...has its very own sound but it is very vintage...I would look for a used one - and don't forget to play it before you buy the axe

• Members

There are better strats out there. Have played 3 or so never really liked them.

Well thats a very subjective thing and doesn't use the man really. That said I also do not like it but it is impossible not to call it a very good guitar.

• Members

I guy I work with bought one right before the price increase. Nice guitar, but I do not think it's that much better than my MIA Strat. Especially for the price difference. Plus I do not like the fact that it does not have a backplate, and you can't install one unless you drill holes in it.

• Members

Tried a couple shopping for strats - I'd second the sentiment about them not bing worth the upcharge from the MIA (imho of course). I loved the sound of them, but I didn't really care for the sticky necks (though that will probably cure with time), or what I thought was excessive finish on the fret board.

• Members

It's subjective but I own 4 CS strats including 1 masterbuilt and the Eric Johnson is my favorite. Helluva guitar.

I like the finish on the fretboard and neck like the 52 tele. When I play the new Standard American strats w/no gloss on them it doesn't feel good to me.

• Members
The NEW Eric Johnson Strat with bound neck is getting rave reviews, and it looks gorgeous, except for the neck binding.

Binding on a Strat neck...no thanks!

(wouldn't stop me owning one though!)

:thu:

Same here, except it would stop me from owning one. I don't like the colors on the rosewood model either.

Archived