Epiphone Dot mods (nearly) complete...with pics!

211dave112

• Members

I agree. if down the line that neck pup route bugged you, it wouldn't be that hard to fix it. I would be embarrassed to take that poor strat of Guitarmike's in public (and that's saying something). But I'd gig that dot in a heartbeat. Well, I'd rewire it so it had a tone control, but that's just me haha

Now my question is, why a humbucker sized P90? This would have been a good opportunity to fill the old route and make a new one for a regular P90.

I would like that more I think, but I don't have a router myself, so I couldn't do it if this was my project.

i think fusion has issues with my guitar :facepalm:

I chose a H sized p90 just for the ease and it's easier later on to mod. Lots of humbucker sized options :thu: It would be nice, like the look of dog-ear p90's as well.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dave, I like your grounded attitude about your guitar. I didn't see the scallop butcher job that's being talked about, but in know way should you consider yours a butcher job...not even close. I've punks slap a piece of duct tape over the pickup cavity and catch less flack than you. Sheesh.

Enjoy that guitar!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

wow, old-ish thread..

heyheymymy......it sounds good to my ears. was never massively into hum sized p90 but the sound is really growing on me :)

mistersully.....thanks mate, just gotta get round to making the pickguard, i'll update this thread when i finally get round to it.

:cool:

Archived