NGD

Faber

• Members

So, I broke down and joined the tele crowd. Got this used, but absolutely mint AM Standard with an 07 serial number on the neck, so it's probably one of the early ones.

I absolutely love this one - I can see how some of the more retro inclined tele lovers dislike it though. While the tone is unmistakably tele, it's a warmer sound than say the 52 RIs, and it has slightly less "twang" in the bridge. I shopped around a good bit in stores before buying this trying all the available models, and in my hands at least, these tonal traits make for a better all round guitar for me.

..Oh and I just checked - there's a rout for a middle pickup, so I expect to nashville it soon :thu:

007.jpg

• Members

nice! HNGD!

If you want more twang out of the bridge, consider swapping saddles to the old brass barrel type. that seems to be a significant improvement in twangyness. At least it was for me.

good luck and play $%@& out of the nice axe!

• Members

nice! HNGD!

If you want more twang out of the bridge, consider swapping saddles to the old brass barrel type. that seems to be a significant improvement in twangyness. At least it was for me.

good luck and play $%@& out of the nice axe!

Not as easy as it sounds.

The Fender 3 saddle bridges don't fit the American series...you have to go to someone like callaham and pay royally for the priviledge.

• Members

The Fender 3 saddle bridges don't fit the American series...you have to go to someone like callaham and pay royally for the priviledge.

I was able to fit the old style brass saddles on my MIA telecaster with no problem. And my saddles werent even the newer compensated style. lemme see if i can dig up a photo

edit: it would seem my highway one tele had OEM 3-saddle bridge. so yeah maybe the american bridge may pose a problem.

carry on, nothing to see here! =)

• Members

Thanks guys.

So I've heard - I'm not in a hurry to change it though. I fully expect to make a nashville out of it, but so far I really like the bridge, so it's staying

• Members

Archived