this guy is a dumbass...

cshsfg

• Members

I guess he figures since it was made for just about 2 years and the first Strat with stock active electronics it's worth something. And you know what some people say, sometimes there is such a thing as too low a price. A price so low people don't feel comfortable with it, thinking there must be a catch for the price to be so low.

Of course in this case, he's pushed it up way too far.

It does look like it's in great condition with some subtle and fitting play wear. It also has nice wood grain.

• Members

that's still asking too much.

i played one of these a few years back. trust me, there's a reason why nobody knows about them.

THe nerve of that guy!

Even though it's his guitar and all, why don't you write him and tell him what YOU think he should be selling it for? I'm sure he'll listen to you... even though it's his guitar and his sale. After all, he's a dumbass and you're an "expert".

:lol:

• Members

There's a guy here trying to sell a Greg Bennett and has been putting it on craigslist locally for a couple years... he alternates between about 4 different prices... $275, $295, $300 and $325.

That Fender is a damn nice looking guitar and I'd consider buying it...

For $600. :D

• Members

I can say that I collected Elites for a while and have never seen a natural finish one. If I were still buying those I would give him 2 grand in a minute.

For a while I had a bunch of the plus guitars because everyone changed out the lace sensors (I always liked them) and I sold a bunch of Tele Plus guitars for $1000 -$2000 each. I paid about 400 each, all of a sudden everyone loves these because Joe Jonas or Slash plays them.

As soon as some teenie bopper plays an elite these will be 10 grand.

• Members

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/msg/1244844487.html

he actually keeps upping the price on that. he was originally asking like $1500.

:facepalm:

I think you're right in regards to calling me a dumb ass here....the original price you mentioned here was the original price - before I had it priced with someone who is a collector - I was way too low and especially for the condition and the way it played which is excellent. Plus I was getting offers for $300 - $500 for it and one guy that wanted to trade an old amp the didn't work. I reset it to a price that was more in line with it's value and have lowered it since...and the offers were a little more respectable. One thing I don't want to do it sell for way below value...I did that with a beautiful 1975 Les Paul Custom that was all natural wood grain like this Strat...and I learned that guitar is really valuable now and I have regretted it since. The price was higher per your link, but I have been dropping it since. See below.

JC

Date: 2009-06-22, $2,250 - http://atlanta.craigslist.org/msg/1234027321.html

Date: 2009-06-29, $2,150 - http://atlanta.craigslist.org/msg/1244844487.html

Date: 2009-07-03, $2,000 - http://atlanta.craigslist.org/msg/1251671705.html

Date: 2009-07-07, $1,900 - http://atlanta.craigslist.org/msg/1257771046.html

• Members

Typical - if someone can't afford something they get pissed at the person selling it.

Example - I was recently selling a CS Fender on CL. I have the same guy who emails me every time I list something tell me it's worth $500.00 - despite having the cert, good photos, etc....

Then I have some other loser asking to trade me for an Epiphone "Custom Shop" guitar and a L6 Spider.

IBJ - If that's yours and you're interested in a trade (of some nice stuff) PM me. I am interested but I'm in Massachusetts.

• Members

I think you're right in regards to calling me a dumb ass here....the original price you mentioned here was the original price -

JC

JC:

This is off topic, but how do you imbed decent photos in your ad? When I place an ad in CL, all I'm able to post are little crappy photos.

Thanks,

• Members

JC:

This is off topic, but how do you imbed decent photos in your ad? When I place an ad in CL, all I'm able to post are little crappy photos.

Thanks,

Set up a photobucket acct, upload good pics, then once they are uploaded into photobucket, when you put the mouse pointer over one of your pics, four option tags will be listed below each pic on photobucket when you are logged in. Cut and paste the 'HTML Code' one into the body of your craigslist ad. The code will look something like this:

Photobucket

You can see the code here because Harmony Central doesn't allow 'HTML Code' in threads, but the result will be a nice looking picture like this:

P1060322a1.jpg

Also, you do the exact same thing to show nice pics on HC, but you use the 'IMG Code' rather than the 'HTML Code'.

• Members

Typical - if someone can't afford something they get pissed at the person selling it.

you're speaking for yourself on that...

but damn, that was quite ignorant of me...sorry dude (forgot what username you had)

• Members

you're speaking for yourself on that...

but damn, that was quite ignorant of me...sorry dude (forgot what username you had)

Not really. I never complain about what something costs. If I want something expensive I either sell something I want, brown bag it for a couple weeks at work or save my money and buy it.

• Members

And you know what some people say, sometimes there is such a thing as too low a price.

Reminds me of a story my guitar tech told me; I don't remember the model, just the story.

He had a guitar that someone let him have after they realized they couldn't afford the repair. Put it in his shop for $300 and never got an offer. He was looking in the back of a magazine many moons later and saw the same guitar for $2500. He put that price on it and sold it within a week.

• Members

I've never seen a natural finish Ash Elite either---during that period of time everyone wanted their guitars to make a fashion-statement, and the statement that natural made was: Old Fashioned.

I recently went to check-out a Squire Affinity Strat (for a friend's kid) and the price was $50. I immediately saw that the neck had been shimmed with a square of metal about the thickness and area of a quarter.

This seemed to have placed stress on the neck's skunk-strip and it was cracking.

When I pointed this out, the kid said that his guitar-teacher had done that.

I told him thanks, but no thanks. The next day I see it listed back on CL for $65. Gotta admire his optimism.

• Members

Seriously, if the guy with this guitar is willing to work with me I'll buy it. I have seen red, blue, green, gold, black and sunburst elites.

I have never, ever seen a natural one.

I paid a premium for an Elite Tele with the NOS pickguard not put on (they came with a guard but it was not installed in case you liked the look without it) and sold it for a mint.

• Members

Set up a photobucket acct, upload good pics, then once they are uploaded into photobucket, when you put the mouse pointer over one of your pics, four option tags will be listed below each pic on photobucket when you are logged in. Cut and paste the 'HTML Code' one into the body of your craigslist ad. The code will look something like this:

Photobucket

You can see the code here because Harmony Central doesn't allow 'HTML Code' in threads, but the result will be a nice looking picture like this:

P1060322a1.jpg

Also, you do the exact same thing to show nice pics on HC, but you use the 'IMG Code' rather than the 'HTML Code'.

Thank you very much for the info.

Archived