Looking for a new axe.

Blackhell

• Members
You're slipping bro, it took you like 3-4 posts B4 you suggested buying a Carvin
:wave:

Only because he was talking about a $250 guitar initially.. Once he exceeds a grand, Carvin makes sense and covers what he's looking for. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with the guy's Carvin?

• Members
Only because he was talking about a $250 guitar initially.. Once he exceeds a grand, Carvin makes sense and covers what he's looking for.
:rolleyes:

Nothing. I meant it as a joke. I guess I used the wrong emoticon. :poke: How's that?

• Members

Nothing. I meant it as a joke. I guess I used the wrong emoticon. :poke: How's that?

nonono, I was asking the OP, cuz he said his "friend" was going to sue Carvin over it.. Curious what the issue was. I knew you were just kiddin =)

• Members
Only because he was talking about a $250 guitar initially.. Once he exceeds a grand, Carvin makes sense and covers what he's looking for.
:rolleyes:

He was another forum over at GW. His SN is Shredinred. First there was a big streak going down the ebony fingerboard that was very noticeible. He sent it back to Carvin, and they didn't do much about, but try and cover it up a little. Then, the guitar always had fret-buzz, and his tech found a plastic shim under the nut. Carvin denyed putting a shim in, and said it was part of the fingerboard.:rolleyes: He sent the guitar back, and tried to get a refund. He talked to the head tech at Carvin and he said that the guitar had no shim, no streak, and no buzz right out of the box. They won't give him a refund, and he doesn't want the guitar back. You'd have to go over to GW and ask him to get all the details. I only a little bit of what happened.

• Members
Yes indeed sir. I would like to try one but can't decide on which to take the plunge.

Easy for me, I hate the V-220.. The Ultra V was my dream guitar for years.. Black, no inlays, gold hardware, reverse pointy headstock... mmm, pure sex..

Sent it back over a streak in the ebony and then got upset when they tried to cover it up ehh? :facepalm: I wonder if he knows that all that beautiful black ebony Gibson and Martin use is dyed? Carvin doesn't dye their boards.. My CT4 has a streak in the ebony, and my DC has a light colored knot in it.. Personal preference I guess.. Based on Carvin's CNC operation, finding a shim under the nut sounds kind of odd. Was this a new guitar? Carvin's return policy states that for any reason, even if you don't like the color, you have a week to return it, no questions asked.. I can't see them refusing that policy based on what you've told me.. Here is the golden question... Was he a dick when he called about it?

• Members
Easy for me, I hate the V-220.. The Ultra V was my dream guitar for years.. Black, no inlays, gold hardware, reverse pointy headstock... mmm, pure sex..

Sent it back over a streak in the ebony and then got upset when they tried to cover it up ehh?
:facepalm:
I wonder if he knows that all that beautiful black ebony Gibson and Martin use is dyed? Carvin doesn't dye their boards.. My CT4 has a streak in the ebony, and my DC has a light colored knot in it.. Personal preference I guess.. Based on Carvin's CNC operation, finding a shim under the nut sounds kind of odd. Was this a new guitar? Carvin's return policy states that for any reason, even if you don't like the color, you have a week to return it, no questions asked.. I can't see them refusing that policy based on what you've told me.. Here is the golden question... Was he a dick when he called about it?

It was a brand new Cali Single. He was calm with them, until they started giving him BS about it. Like I said, I don't know all the details.

• Members

I kinda like the V-220. backwards ML kinda shape. I'd likely get one used as their resale value doesn't appear to high. Although they certainly don't skimp on the hardware.

• Members

I kinda like the V-220. backwards ML kinda shape. I'd likely get one used as their resale value doesn't appear to high. Although they certainly don't skimp on the hardware.

Cept for that whole lack of a locking nut unless you pay extra for it, thing.. I've never understood why they do that. Any idiot knows that for a Floyd to work, and I mean be 100% bulletproof, you have to have the locking nut. Locking tuners and graphite are fine for a trem with limited range, like a Wilky or a Strat trem, but a Floyd simply has too much range to take the risk with. That's one of the few places I'll call Carvin half-assed..

• Members

It said Focus on the headstock, but like I said, I'm not sure if it was 2000 or an 200ST. I believe it was 2000 now that I think about. My mom's friend has a Kramer Focus 111, and she gave it to me to sell. It was her son's but he didn't want it or something, but I have it in my basement with the rest of my gear.
I'd buy it, but it doesn't have the
Floyd Rose. Nice neck, tho

If you're strapped for $$, why not buy it, and mod it? GFS Floyd, Brass sustain block?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/tremelos.html

At around $75, they are REALLY impressive! I just installed one in my build guitar, not that hard actually! (I used a Dremel to route mine)

• Members

If you're strapped for $$, why not buy it, and mod it? GFS Floyd, Brass sustain block?

At around $75, they are REALLY impressive! I just installed one in my build guitar, not that hard actually! (I used a Dremel to route mine)

Well, I'm not exactly that skilled at working with wood, and I don't want to screw it up. It doesn't even matter if I route it (for pull ups), because I find it easier to use if it almost flat agaist the body. Also, the 111 doesn't have humbuckers in it, and that's another $35 for the pre-wired pickguard.

• Members
Well, I'm not exactly that skilled at working with wood, and I don't want to screw it up. It doesn't even matter if I route it (for pull ups), because I find it easier to use if it almost flat agaist the body. Also, the 111 doesn't have humbuckers in it, and that's another $35 for the pre-wired pickguard.

Hmmm.. I guess just watch eBay, something's bound to come by man! Good luck to you! I'll keep my eye out for you too :thu:

• Members

Cept for that whole lack of a locking nut unless you pay extra for it, thing.. I've never understood why they do that. Any idiot knows that for a Floyd to work, and I mean be 100% bulletproof, you have to have the locking nut. Locking tuners and graphite are fine for a trem with limited range, like a Wilky or a Strat trem, but a Floyd simply has too much range to take the risk with. That's one of the few places I'll call Carvin half-assed..

I thought that was strange too, and not too smart.

Archived