Help for a metal guitar!

grunge782

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Check with (TWEAKN1 )..He has a real nice Schecter S-1 ELITE for sale or trade..That is a sweet metal guitar with fixed bridge set neck and 24 frets..

That sounds good. I'll look into that.

Anybody have any experience with these?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-X30-Electric-Guitar?sku=514239

Kind of on the cheaper side but the features are pretty good.

• Members

I have limited experience with Schecters - I only have a Schecter Studio Bass at this point, and it is top notch. However, the Schecter electric guitars I have played have all been very nice as well. I am used to a thin Talman neck, and, they were very nice. A bit wider, played more like a strat neck than anything else. I loved it, and the inlays were a great touch.

• Members

Ibanez does a fair amount of basswood guitars, though they generally don't sound as good (to my ears) as their mahogany ones.

Question though-have you already purchased the MM, or have you just decided this is the pickup you need? It'd probably be easier to not rule out mahogany and look at a wider variety of guitars, than to look for a guitar to match the pickup.

• Members

I see you have a an engl e530! I use a jackson slsmg (which can probably be found for 400-500 used, more if you want a color other than black) with a super distortion (bridge)/breed (neck) through it and it is excellent for all kinds of metal tones through that engl. For you I would recommend the SLS3 which I believe is alder bodied (The slsmg is mahogany). These are, in my opinion, the best hard tail superstrats out there barring the usa hardtail soloists.

This

• Members

Think you can spend that much and still have enough left over for your wardrobe?

bm2.jpg

The difference being Immortal can actually play pretty {censored}ing well, the rhythm guitar is tight as {censored}, none of this sloppy old blues {censored}. I know you meant it as a derogatory comment but I'd wager Abbath is a better guitar player than you...

To stay on topic I suggest an Ibanez RGT

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/Series-rg_fixed

• Members

The difference being Immortal can actually play pretty {censored}ing well, the rhythm guitar is tight as {censored}, none of this sloppy old blues {censored}. I know you meant it as a derogatory comment but I'd wager Abbath is a better guitar player than you...

To stay on topic I suggest an Ibanez RGT

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/Series-rg_fixed

1674.gif

• Members

Maybe, but they still look and act like morons that never outgrew their Dungeons and Dragons phase..

• Members

Ibanez does a fair amount of basswood guitars, though they generally don't sound as good (to my ears) as their mahogany ones.

Question though-have you already purchased the MM, or have you just decided this is the pickup you need? It'd probably be easier to not rule out mahogany and look at a wider variety of guitars, than to look for a guitar to match the pickup.

I already bought one, and I got it for a really good price. I love the sound of the MM, I just thought using mahogany would be overkill for the low mids. I'm starting to think though that I shouldn't rule out mahogany.

• Members

Maybe, but they still look and act like morons that never outgrew their Dungeons and Dragons phase..

They put on a show and don't take themselves seriously. I listen to music, not care about the appearance of an artist. Some posters here think if it isn't old blues or rock it's {censored} but they're just as bad as the 15 year olds who just want to detune their guitars and hit open palm muted power chords...

• Members

They put on a show and don't take themselves seriously. I listen to music, not care about the appearance of an artist. Some posters here think if it isn't old blues or rock it's {censored} but they're just as bad as the 15 year olds who just want to detune their guitars and hit open palm muted power chords...

I really wouldn't bother man! In a forum full of failed musicians, what do you expect? I'd bet most couldn't even come close to playing anything techincal.

• Members

The dimwits in costume are always good for a laugh.

:idk:

And here we have the problem - you're just an ignorant fool who can't see beyond his own opinion. Ever hear of showmanship? Was T Bone Walker a dimwit for playing the guitar behind his head?

• Members

I like the same music you do as well... Old style blues is excellent music. I love extreme metal too, I just don't feel the need to put down another person's taste in music because I consider it 'less substantial' or whatever.

Archived