Urgent question! Need a quick response!

Blackhell

• Members

I use Rig Kontrol.

There are many USB and/or FireWire interfaces available. Do you have any interface for recording?

I don't have anything like that. There's a 1/8'' input on my computer for a mic. Would I just need the 1/4 to RCA, RCA to 1/8''? How much would that cost?

• Members

I don't have anything like that. There's a 1/8'' input on my computer for a mic. Would I just need the 1/4 to RCA, RCA to 1/8''? How much would that cost?

They're about $3.50 at at guitar store, for the 1/4 / RCA, and about the same for the other at Wally-World. :thu: But as I said, the quality is not good, or at least it isn't for me, there's a hum there.

• Members

you can use the mic input fine (okay, I was writing this while you were posting that plugging into the mic input wasn't doin' shat) - depending on the sound card and/or OS you're running, there's a feature in the sound properties in windows to give a 20 db gain on the mic input - this will definitely cause a {censored}load of hum. You can uncheck the box for the 20 db gain and you'll now be running line-in...

You probably also have a line-in, but the point is the mic input should work as good as a line input once you turn off that 20 db gain feature...

$5-$10 tops for a 1/4" mono to 1/8" stereo adapter - depending on whether you want gold connectors, etc...

$5-$10 for adapters using RCA plugs as go-betweens (not sure why you'd do it this way unless you're going in and out of something that uses RCA plugs).

Again, depending on sound card, processor, RAM, you can get a functional sound running this way. Then save up for a good audio interface (or if your computer is on the low-end side CPU/RAM-wise, etc, save up for a new computer)...

• Members

double-click the speaker icon in your systray (where the time is on your start bar).

When the volume control comes up, goto the "Options" menu and click "Properties."

Select the "Recording" radio button - make sure "Microphone" is checked and click "OK"

Now make sure the "Select" box is checked for Microphone - there should also be an "Advanced button" - click that and then uncheck the "mic boost" or "20 DB mic boost" checkbox.

You should now be able to hear something. Play with the mic input volume and the master volume to adjust.

Archived