Tell me about guitar stands

Telecruiser

• Members

I am looking for a quality guitar stand for my electric and acoustic guitar (Tele and Martin). Without breaking the bank what would be a good stand(s) to buy? I don't mind spending money for a good stand. I'm looking for function and stability. I don't need a fancy hardwood stand. Something that can be folded or minimzed for transport.

Thanks

• Members

all my stands are ruined, my cats like to gnaw and chew on the ends of the foam at the bottom..

but I do use these and they are stable, I tried the 3 way, but when you took a guitar off it it tended to want to fall over..

those fit most guitars pretty good, even my Beast. They do not, however fit my build guitar!

• Members

all my stands are ruined, my cats like to gnaw and chew on the ends of the foam at the bottom..

but I do use these and they are stable, I tried the 3 way, but when you took a guitar off it it tended to want to fall over..

GuitarStand450819.jpg

Ha ha ha. I have exactly the same ones and exactly the same problem with cats chewing the foam ends off. Dunno what the "3 way" is you're talking about, but the one in the picture works perfectly fine (for me) for electrics and accoustics.

(BTW> In case you're wondering, I changed your URL to an IMG code to show the picture inline. It is easier than making everyone have to click on another link to see what you're talking about)

• Members

those fit most guitars pretty good, even my Beast. They do not, however fit my build guitar!

Priceless information for me... Now need to find a way to keep the cats out of it.

What do you people think about the wall-hangers? Are they stable? The cats won't scratch nor chew them... But if they jump?

• Members

Just be careful if your guitar has a nitro finish. Some stand materials will melt right through it - I found out the hard way on Guild acoustic. I now wrap all the contact areas of my stands with cotton cloth.

Hercules doesn't come right out and say it, but this is from their website and that's what it means:

Guitar manufacturers employ differing types of finishes and finishing techniques. Please refer to your owner's manual for information regarding proper storage of your instrument.

Archived