The First Pandemic of the 21st Century

• Members

Just listen to what experts are saying about it - they will tell you that right now there is no reason to fear the flu, but we must work on a vaccine and other means to be ready if it mutates.

OK--fill me in; I admit I'm not that experienced with creating vaccines. How do we go about it?

• Members

OK--fill me in; I admit I'm not that experienced with creating vaccines. How do we go about it?

First, we stop posting on music site bulletin boards.

Second, we get permission from Dick Cheney, the Illuminati, Swiss Freemasons, and 23rd level Thetans...

• Members

I think everyone knows it has the potential to be really, really serious. The fact that we've done okay so far is more about luck than anything else, but hey, if luck works that's fine with me.

All I know is I got really, really sick with the flu last April - pretty much for a month - I never had a flu like that before. And it was not fun.

• Members

I got it right before it hit national headlines. It sucked. It was a flu. I had to spend a few hours in the hospital getting rehydrated through an IV. But ultimately, it was a flu. Flus kills tens of thousands of people every year. Many more people died from "the flu" this year so far than from H1N1.

All flus suck.

You guys will all {censored} their pants if that thing mutates into a deadlier version this Fall. You'll stop making jokes about it if people you know and love catch it and start to die. I'm not buying the media panic but still I can see how this is a serious subject of concern. Just listen to what experts are saying about it - they will tell you that right now there is no reason to fear the flu, but we must work on a vaccine and other means to be ready if it mutates.

This is certainly true and a real possibility and that is why those serious measures -costing thousands of millions of dollars- were implemented in Mexico to make sure the spreading was as less as possible.

I am right now in south america. These people are afraid of the H1N1 but they are not taking it seriously. God forbids the mutation appears here, because it would become seriously deadly.

Now, a little of humor here and there, unlike a mutation of the H1N1, won't kill you. :)

• Members

I got it right before it hit national headlines. It sucked. It was a flu. I had to spend a few hours in the hospital getting rehydrated through an IV. But ultimately, it was a flu. Flus kills tens of thousands of people every year. Many more people died from "the flu" this year so far than from H1N1.

All flus suck.

Yeah people quite often make the mistake to compare H1N1 to the seasonal flu. Yes the seasonal flu kills a lot of people but most are ederly & sick. The problem with new viruses like H1N1 is that it quite often kills mostly young, healthy adults. (because of the immune response).

Archived