Tell me about the Schecter C-1 Classic

cbh5150

• Members

I can't really tell you how it's different from a Blackjack, as I've never played one. But I can tell you that the C-1 Classic is an amazing guitar for literally any style of music.

Some minimalists don't care for the Vine of Life inlay but I think it enhances the vibe of the guitar.

I'm pretty sure the radius is 14' because I did an extensive search on this myself a few years back.

The neck feels like it was made for my hand, not too thick, not too thin. Neck-through design gives great access to the 24th fret, which I use quite often because its so easy.

It is a great guitar for anyone. Except maybe the really hardcore jazz types that have to have a hollowbody.

The Classic is the best feeling and sounding guitar I have ever played. I like it much better than the Les Paul Customs I've played.

• Members

I used one EXCLUSIVELY on stage for about 3 years, and foolishly traded it away for an Epi LP Classic - a good guitar by all means, but I loved that Schecter.

Anyway, here are a few things I noticed after some time with them:

1. 6th string will slip off the bridge if you play too hard or go above a .52 string.

2. Splitting the hb's will DRAMATICALLY decrease your sound and actually, doesn't really sound all that great anyway.

3. It's virtually bulletproof.

So yeah, great guitar. I miss it. But no, it's not strictly limited to hard rock/metal genres. But no more than Ibanez, LTD, or Jackson.

• Members

Trying so hard to resist buying one.... I can't afford to really... I've actually heard the same thing about the split HB sounding pretty weak

I was wondering if the Vine inlay was abalone or mother of pearl? In some pictures it's kind of colorful and looks like abalone, but in other pictures (like brewski's pictures in this thread) it looks white and pearl.

Also is there a cheap case that will fit this guitar?

• Members

Trying so hard to resist buying one.... I can't afford to really... I've actually heard the same thing about the split HB sounding pretty weak

I was wondering if the Vine inlay was abalone or mother of pearl? In some pictures it's kind of colorful and looks like abalone, but in other pictures (like brewski's pictures in this thread) it looks white and pearl.

Depends on the finish, they swap up the hardware and inlay to match. It's abalone on the sunburst, MoP on the blue. I'm not sure about the other colors.

• Members

Mine has MOP, as do most of them from 2003/2004. At some point they changed to Abalone. I prefer the MOP.

The C1 Series fits nicely in the SKB Freedom case. Don't get the stock Schecter case though, it's crap.

• Members

Well, crap.....I have been thnking about getting a blue one. $499 is dayum good deal, IMO.

Anyone know if the model AMS is selling has the locking Schecter/Grover tuners?

On the Schecter website you can see that the Classic comes with Grover-looking tuners with a thumbwheel/locking mechanism on the back.

Also, are the pots and switch worth a crap on these? I'm not expecting CTS or Oaks-Grigsby or anything...just wonderin'.

• Members

Mine has MOP, as do most of them from 2003/2004. At some point they changed to Abalone. I prefer the MOP.

The C1 Series fits nicely in the SKB Freedom case. Don't get the stock Schecter case though, it's crap.

:( I would want MOP.. guess that's the deal breaker for me... hopefully.. BTW Burst or Blue? :D

• Members

Well, crap.....I have been thnking about getting a blue one. $499 is dayum good deal, IMO.

Anyone know if the model AMS is selling has the locking Schecter/Grover tuners?

On the Schecter website you can see that the Classic comes with Grover-looking tuners with a thumbwheel/locking mechanism on the back.

Also, are the pots and switch worth a crap on these? I'm not expecting CTS or Oaks-Grigsby or anything...just wonderin'.

From what I remember, full size pots and a german made Schaller 5 way super switch. At least on mine from 2003....

• Members

I don't believe you can "refute" MY experience Brewski! I wasn't speaking for you.... I was sharing my own experience with the guitar in question. It's not like I didn't try either! Shit, those guitars are SO nice for the money and have such GREAT features that I assumed I SHOULD like them. That's why I went down that road 3 times! (I have also owned 2 Blackjacks, a PT Blackjack, an C1 Elite, an S1 Elite, an old school Schecter Stratocaster, and an C1-EX Baritone that I still own). :thu:

They are excellent guitar with great equipment on them. I just didn't bond with them for some reason I tried to explain. Others like them. Fine for all of you who do.:thu:

Did I say how much I HATE the Vine Inlays??!!:facepalm:

Archived