Eternalmoon Walk.com

Phait

• Members

If I`m not mistaken, MJ did not come up with this move but rather payed off another dancer who did and it was also put into contract that this other dancer could never do the moon walk again. At least thats what I heard. Other than that, cool site with a nice concept. RIP

• Members

If I`m not mistaken, MJ did not come up with this move but rather payed off another dancer who did and it was also put into contract that this other dancer could never do the moon walk again. At least thats what I heard. Other than that, cool site with a nice concept. RIP

I was into breaking/pop locking back then. Cardboard on the floor, getto blaster and everything. I learned the moonwalk before MJ did it on Motown 25. No one knows who invented it exactly, it was invented on the streets.

To be fair, MJ never ever claimed to have invented it, the media just assumed he did.

The site is cute, until every other "moonwalk" is someone just walking backwards. YDIW :facepalm:

• Members

. No one knows who invented it exactly, it was invented on the streets.

I posted a thread on this last week called Origins of the Moonwalk:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2375680&highlight=moonwalk

It appears that Bill Bailey (Mr. Bojangles) actually invented it, and when you watch him do it you will see that he does it earlier, better, and smoother than anyone else; including MJ.

I also have heard the story about MJ paying off a dancer on Soul Train to not do the move anymore after he learned it from him.

Archived