Let's see those Gretsch Electromatics

warioblast

• Members

Here's what I have:

guitar_036.jpg

6.jpg

Actually, both of these are stock pics. Haven't taken any of mine yet, but they are the same exact models.

Both are excellent guitars IMO. I had to tweak the pups on the Bo Diddley model a bit, but it plays and sounds great now.

The Diddley is undergoing some cosmetic changes (slowly...)

I'm adding a trapeze tailpiece to it and had a custom pickguard and truss rod cover cut for it out of silver sparkly glitter material. I think it'll look simultaneously gaudy and hot when it gets done, even though most everyone seems to hate that red rectangle. :cry:

• Members

Muddslide,

how's the neck on the double jet ?

Quite damn nice actually. Not as chunky as my typical preference, but certainly meaty enough. The thing plays like butter.

I want Gretsch to release a Billy Bo electromatic.
:cry:

You and me both, brother. Want one so bad, but could never swing $2000+ for their pro-line Billy Bos.

If they came out with Electromatic Billy Bos, I'd get at least one in a 6-string plus a bass version if they made one available.

• Members

are these actually available anywhere.

never seen one as a color option

I've been told that the 5124 (i.e. the white one) was only available in Europe, not the USA, and only for a short time. I bought mine on eBay - supposedly "used" but actaully apparently unplayed with the foam still under the bridge and the quality control ticket still attached.

Here's a clip of my 5124 at a charity gig (themed around the "smooth sounds of the sixties"). As you can see I took the pickguard off 'cos I think it looks nicer that way and it serves no useful purpose for me :)

zA8eEYMwHeM

Archived