OK, I'm building a TELE...

mcinku

• Members

Thanks guys...

...just an update for you
Guitar is polished and assembled, the setup took me a big portion of my evening yesterday. Today I still need to do the electronics part and after that, I'm done. :thu:

Give me a day or so, for the final pictures.
:cool:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awesome job! Love the P90 in the neck- I have the same setup and it's awesome.

I have a 3 week old little girl at home as well (Leila) and there is no time for anything. My other 20 month old little girl (Sophia) is acting out ona daily basis now and tantrums have begun- not fun. I was hoping to get a partscaster done for myself this fall/ winter, but that is NOT going to happen. I haven't even mowed the lawn in 4 weeks!

Instead, I am going to assemble a cigar box type of mini-amp for myself. I can get some of the work done at the office at lunch and after hours and I'll get my tinkering fix. Plus- it's my birthday present to myself.

Anyway, enjoy your little one and that tele once it's all done.

Lou

• Members
How did you swing the 24 fret neck without modification to the bridge positioning or neck pocket? Is it something other than a 25 1/2" scale? Or are things positioned differently and I'm just not spotting it?

It's an optical illusion :D :D
That fret is actually fret no 22. :D

I just wanted to do something different.

• Members
Wow! That control plate is HUGE! :poke:

Only kidding. Looks great.

:thu:

OK let's count the things I could do better...

- Control plate is fine but if I would be just a bit more careful, I would not have to make another one :evil:
- String Bushings are not entirely straight (you need right toll for that, not easy to do this right without it )
- Fret dress is far from perfect... but I will leave it for now, until I'm ready to change the strings, then I plan to tackle this thing again
- It turned out that the neck width is missing almost 1mm.
I started out with 43 at nut but when I reach fret 12 I'm 1mm short. I was really afraid about this... I thought my string would tend to slip of the neck. It turns out this is not an issue at all and what is even better... my neck is on the chubby side and this missing mm is actually helping. So I will not count this as a mistake. :D

I honestly think the rest is near perfect, at least by my standards.

• Members

BTW way I fixed my issue with wiring...

The control cavity was a little to shallow and when I tightened the control plate, the switch was hiting the bottom. :facepalm:
I was not able to play the guitar at decent volumes yet but I can already say that that P90 neck pup is awesome.

Good job Bryan

• Members
Man I just noticed your builds
:facepalm:

You're an artist.... really.

Thank you very much. Thus far they've all made it across the finish line as toneful, useful instruments despite all the problems we've faced, and I hope these last two will do the same. The seven string in particular, is a replacement for my number one.

Your tele is a lovely piece of work, and I personally don't notice the control plate at all. Looks normal to me. :idk:

Keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived