Buckethead's No.1 Guitar strap

EMG_GUY

• Members

The No1-STRETCH-Strap was originally invented by a member of the then popular German band Lake. They were originally produced and distributed by a guitar shop from Hamburg, Germany called No1 (hence the name). This is in the early eighties. They had set up a US distributor "No1-Of-Hamburg". I had a couple of those back then. At the time there were lots of different designs. There are still some available in Germany - they cost between 15$ and 20$ - I guess the US distribution went belly-up and they went out of fashion

Here is a link from a popular german webstore.

• Members

The No1-STRETCH-Strap was originally invented by a member of the then popular German band Lake. They were originally produced and distributed by a guitar shop from Hamburg, Germany called No1 (hence the name). This is in the early eighties. They had set up a US distributor "No1-Of-Hamburg". I had a couple of those back then. At the time there were lots of different designs. There are still some available in Germany - they cost between 15$ and 20$ - I guess the US distribution went belly-up and they went out of fashion

Here is a
from a popular german webstore.

I dunno, all the ebay auctions I see say that they're illegal to sell in the USA or something. Maybe because of the chemicals or materials used?

• Members

They are comfy for heavier guitars, kinda seems to float on the strap. I ve mine on my RG 570 and it just seems lighter to me. Plus the stretch effect while playing is fun, just don't go to crazy, might knock yer head.

ahahaha, I know.

Ill keep that in mind:cop:

• Members

Guitars aren't really regulated like cars though. No one cares if your strap fails, or else all new guitars sold would REQUIRE the use of straploacks by law. My God, a Les Paul could be classified under OHSA regs if the fear of it landing on a musician's foot were ever made into a legit lawsuit basis.. Steel toe boots for all Lep Paul players!

• Members

Guitars aren't really regulated like cars though. No one cares if your strap fails, or else all new guitars sold would REQUIRE the use of straploacks by law. My God, a Les Paul could be classified under OHSA regs if the fear of it landing on a musician's foot were ever made into a legit lawsuit basis.. Steel toe boots for all Lep Paul players!

Then I Have no clue why they were banned...lol

I wish someone could tell me!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

yup ebay.

And you need to dedicate it to the guitar you put it on.

Getting it over the strap pins is like wrestling a Crisco'd up Andre' the Giant! (RIP)

That was for you JJ!

You unscrew the the strap pin and, slip through bottom first and reattach. At least thats the way i do with the dedicated straps that I make.

Archived