The best valued guitar at Rondo

FUBTAG

• Members

Guys,

As I do when bored at work, I was perusing the guitars at Guitarfetish and Rondo when the following question struck me...

What guitar at Rondo is the best value? I have a few SX's and they are great guitars, haven't yet tried an Agile... but what model do you think, from personal experiences is the best? The Harm series?

I love my tele... they are great guitars and just may be MY pick for best value in a guitar from Rondo..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have an SX tele the old headstock and it was the vintage white that looks more lime green color and it has the tele neck pickup a strat mid pickup and tele bridge pickup. Very good neck and excellent value. Also a SX Mahogany Strat with p90s that is beautiful looking and sounding.

• Members

I have 2 SX's .The ones sold on Ebay Europe F style headstock .The necks are superb IMHO and I do know a good Fender neck when I play one .The overall quality in certainly not MIM or MIA but the playability is .I think they punch well above their low price .Just dress the nut when you get it,open the slots a fraction .Takes a second or two .That all I had to do to both of mine (62 strat,Thinline Tele.)

• Members

I have 2 of the SX teles. Great necks, incredible necks actually. They are the only 2 guitars from rondo I've tried so I don't really have enough experience with the other brands from them to compare.

:rolleyes:

The worst necks I have ever seen have been from SX.

Glue spots bad frets, uneven frets, Hell the skunk stripe looks like it is bleeding into the wood, it is so badly stained.

Do a search, I have photos of it.

I am actually using one to practice putting dowels in to fix offset screw holes. I had a sx tele given to me. The neck was so bad, I bought a SX replacement neck. It was worse. :rolleyes:

I ended up putting a mightymite neck on it.

I am now replacing the body, but having to fix the screw holes in the mightymite neck to put it on the new body. The holes on the SX body were so out of alignment.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking Rondo. Every Agile I have seen has been nice, and I have one.

The sx line is cheap and shite.

• Members

Agile LPs used to be better quality. The older ones seemed to use straighter grain mahogany for the body pieces. Even then they're very heavy. Mainly because they don't weight relief them at all. You can take that as a positive or negative but they are heavy guitars. Still the two I own were the best $230 I ever spent on a guitar.

• Members

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking Rondo. Every Agile I have seen has been nice, and I have one.

The sx line is cheap and {censored}e.

Something to keep in mind, from what Rondo told me, is that the SX, Agile, and Douglas guitars are all different guitars, as in, they have different manufacturers, so if you dislike one particular line from Rondo, that doesn't mean you would dislike one of the other lines.

• Members

Something to keep in mind, from what Rondo told me, is that the SX, Agile, and Douglas guitars are all different guitars, as in, they have different manufacturers, so if you dislike one particular line from Rondo, that doesn't mean you would dislike one of the other lines.

I realize that, but thks.

:rolleyes:

• Members

OK, straight up, the BEST deals from Rondo are b-stocks. followed by the blowouts of some models at $99, but that is not the question that was asked.

I have a hard time answering this as the best model deal depends on what you like as well as what you play. Nevertheless, of all of the models that I have bought (see sig) I consider the best value "at normal price" to be the SX SST LTDII. http://www.rondomusic.com/SSTLTD2nat.html

Mine had none of the issues of 2 of my other SSTs, it played well out of the box, has crazy figuring, and comes with a case embossed with SX on it and a sheath.... all for the cost of an AL-2000!

Now I know a lot of you rockers would rather have the AL-2000 and that's fine, but dollar for dollar, the SST LTD2 is a better value, IMO.

• Members

I own 3 SX and I would say the best value is the SST SE guitars. A fully functional strat, brand new for $80 is killer. I've upgraded all the hardware on mine from GFS and the total cost is under $150, you can't touch that value anywhere else.

• Members

I have an SX Tele and an SX P-bass. While they aren't as good as really good Fenders, I like them both better than several Squier and Fender Teles and P-basses I've owned and played over the years.

In fact, I prefer the necks on them to nearly all Squier and Fender necks from the past couple of decades.

New pups, wiring and maybe some hardware and they definitely get near enough to the high end Fender stuff of recent years to make me happy. Stock they are damn close to MIM Fender stuff (and I do prefer the necks on the SX's.)

Archived