Have about 400 bux to spend on a Tele. Best option?

stratotastic

• Members

Is used an option? If so, that's surely the route I'd go. Between the 6 or 8 reasonably big cities around me, there must be 30 teles for sale. MIMs usually $250 - $300 around here. You could do worse.

For new, I'd go the Classic Vibe route.

• Members

Well, I'll put a word in for the Tribute - an older MIK if you can find one, but the Indonesians aren't bad either. I think good basic construction, really good hardware, and probably the best pickups in that price range. I will concede, not a really "classic" tele sound, but close enough.

• Members

I'm a big Tele guy and I've owned quite a few different ones at every price point and I play partscasters now. I have three of them and really just enjoy the building process and the fact that I can build something to my specs. I would never trade my partscasters for any current production model Telecasters. I think my number 1 cost right around $400 to build maybe even less. I've posted pics of them quite a bit already and don't want to spam the board with them again lol

• Members

I second the G&L Tribute series. Crazy good guitars for low $$$. I know Fender's upped their game across the board the past 2 years, but I can't see how they can top the fact that G&L's Tribute series offers the same pickups as in the MiA line.

• Members

I'll sell you this one. Older G&L Tribute ASAT that is in like new condition. It was NOS MIK when I bought it last April. Only reason I'm selling is because I liked it so much, I stepped up to the US Made ASAT.

Body.jpg

Hey man, thanks for the offer. Looks like a nice axe but the color scheme just doesn't work for me. Prefer natural or light.

Archived