If you walk into a GC with $400 cash, could you leave with a MIM Strat?

GRAF

• Members

I'm thinking about snagging an Olympic White with maple neck for a quick project and they list at 499.

But I've never know anyone who paid full retail on a MIM Strat. :D

So, what do you thin, hundred off too much or possible? :idk:

• Members
No, not a strat fan. Would be willing to pay same price I could get an instrument for online, not more.

Yeah, thats my take is I feel if I can buy it online at a certain price, getting it in store shouldn't be any different. :idk:

• Members

My advice is if your just going to mod it, look on craigslist or go to a local pawn shop or even eBay. Theres always great deals on these lower price point guitars. I go to pawn shops as often as I can. I once found an all original 1960's Marshall bluesbreaker for 300$. Man I wish I would've bought it.

• Members
I'm thinking about snagging an Olympic White with maple neck for a quick project and they list at 499.

But I've never know anyone who paid full retail on a MIM Strat.
:D

So, what do you thin, hundred off too much or possible?
:idk:

They don't make MIM's in Olympic White, but nice try pretending you have a clue. And what the hell are you doing out of OJ?

Get your ass back where it belongs. :mad:

• Members

I would look for a US made guitar with that $400 unless you get a steal/deal and have your heart set on a Fender. It might happen with a Fender but I have seen Washburn Custom Shop Silverado go for less than $350 and that guitar was every bit as nice as the US STD Strat that I had. US Guitars even Custom shop models 10-20 years old can be had for less than $400 if you look many times with a case!!!

• Members
Get a Squier Classic Vibe instead. Better guitar. Just doesn't say Fender on it. But a better guitar.

That is what you want, isn't it? The best guitar?

seriously...

Totally, I'm not a brand name snob at all, it could say "Mickey Mouse" on the headstock. If it plays better and sounds better than a Fender I'm taking it home. :thu:

• Members
They don't make MIM's in Olympic White, but nice try pretending you have a clue. And what the hell are you doing out of OJ?

Get your ass back where it belongs.
:mad:

:lol:

You're right, I meant arctic white. I'm not sure why I typed olympic. :facepalm:

• Members
I would look for a US made guitar with that $400 unless you get a steal/deal and have your heart set on a Fender. It might happen with a Fender but I have seen Washburn Custom Shop Silverado go for less than $350 and that guitar was every bit as nice as the US STD Strat that I had. US Guitars even Custom shop models 10-20 years old can be had for less than $400 if you look many times with a case!!!

No you're all right, it's really not the name I'm after, it's the tone. I'll work my way through several brands first. :thu:

• Members

Get a Squier Classic Vibe instead. Better guitar. Just doesn't say Fender on it. But a better guitar.

That is what you want, isn't it? The best guitar?

seriously...

+1, although I've heard they're fairly scarce in-store...pretty much the word around is that if the stores all stocked the Squier Classic Vibes, they wouldn't sell any MIM Fenders.

I have a Classic Vibe 60's Strat, and it's outstanding. Definitely as good as any MIM strat I've played. Got it from MF with the OCT20% call-in coupon for $280.

Archived