Guitar Stores in Dallas

mnewb1

• Members

you might want to skip Zoo. They picked up the inventory from another store and while there's a ton of stuff, it's so crowed in there it's hard to turn around and not bump into anything and trying out an amp is a huge ordeal due to having to move stuff around to get to it and plug in.

Murphy's Music in Irving is a nice GC alternative. If you've never seen a Best Buy music store, the location in North Dallas on 635 might be worth a trip (though inventory isn't outstanding).

Too bad you weren't here last weekend, you could've attended the Arlington Guitar Show...

• Members

DFW doesn't have a must see, incredible guitar start amazing enough. Charlie's, Murphy's and Zoo as mentioned are about the only GC alternative. I disagree with the Zoo assesment, they have a nice selection and some interesting used things in there, especially the main location. I bought my Orange from them. Murphy's in Irving has some interesting things, some deeper selections from the usual manufacturers. For instance, if there is a strange Squier color/pickguard combo that you only see online but will never see at GC, Murphy's probably has it.

• Members

I was there last week. GC's are probably your best bet. The one on Hwy 635 (North Dallas location), and the one in Arlington are pretty good stores. The store in Ft. Worth has one of the best selections of used gear I've seen in quite a while. Ended up buying my SG and an amp at the Ft. Worth location last week. Good stuff there. Have fun man. Also, the Best Buy on 635 also has a guitar shop inside. You can look up guitar locations on their website.

• Members

Murphy's Music in Irving off of Texas Highway 183 between O'Connor and MacArthur. Go at lunch time and right next door you will find Crystal's Pizza Buffet - do it - trust me!

I haven't been to either Murphy's or crystal's in years. The guys at murphy's were always nice and good people to deal with. Crystal's rocked too. I need to make a trip to both again myself !!!!

• Members

When is the last time you guys ate at Crystals? My last trip was about a year ago and it was NASTY! The glory days were about 20 years ago!

What about Speer's (sp?) in Garland? That used to be the best in the DFW area as far as I'm concerned.

But I don't live there anymore :)

• Members
When is the last time you guys ate at Crystals? My last trip was about a year ago and it was NASTY! The glory days were about 20 years ago!

What about Speer's (sp?) in Garland? That used to be the best in the DFW area as far as I'm concerned.

But I don't live there anymore
:)

I completely forgot about that place. I wonder if it's even still there?

Archived