Guitar Pic of the Day - 10.24.09 - HC imploded Weekend Edition

Help!I'maRock!

• Members

Another great example of why Gibson needs to stop trying to come up with new designs and just stick with the Les Paul..

I'm confused. I thought this was a 65'? :confused:

Johnny Winter sure thinks they are good enough of a design. He's been playing one for years and been making it sing like an angel and scream like the devil. I'd hit it, although I like the reverse headstock & body style better. Dig the P-90s however.

• Members

I'm confused. I thought this was a 65'?
:confused:

Yeah, so? Old doesn't always mean good. Gibson has been making stupid looking stuff for years. They have some great looking designs, but they more than balance those with hideous things like the Firebird and the Blueshawk.

• Members

I'm confused. I thought this was a 65'?
:confused:

Johnny Winter sure thinks they are good enough of a design. He's been playing one for years and been making it sing like an angel and scream like the devil. I'd hit it, although I like the reverse headstock & body style better. Dig the P-90s however.

I'm prety sure Johnny plays the reverse version. The regular version is very unbalanced.

http://www.electricguitarplanet.com/category/gibson/

johnny_winte_firebird.jpg

Towards the bottom of the page. I love the reverse. I saw an ESP version of the Revers Firebird back in '89 or so and its stuck in my mind.

• Members

Yeah, so? Old doesn't always mean good. Gibson has been making stupid looking stuff for years. They have some great looking designs, but they more than balance those with hideous things like the Firebird and the Blueshawk.

I guess that's why opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one, and their all full of {censored}. ;)

• Members

I'm prety sure Johnny plays the reverse version. The regular version is very unbalanced.

http://www.electricguitarplanet.com/category/gibson/

johnny_winte_firebird.jpg

Towards the bottom of the page. I love the reverse. I saw an ESP version of the Revers Firebird back in '89 or so and its stuck in my mind.

Yeah, Johnny does play a reverse version. My point was in general terms to Firebirds. I don't particularly like the regular version either. I would much prefer the reverse body/reverse headstock.

Archived