Ever return a guitar to Guitar Center?

GRAF

• Members

Yep. No problems at all. In fact, I bought the guitar (a Gibson LP VM) in Wisconsin and then had to move back here to Alabama and needed the money more than the guitar. Returned it at one of the GC's here in my area.

They've never given any hassle whatsoever about a return.

• Members

Ive taken 2 guitars and a amp back.

Never a hitch for me. And in 2 cases rather than give a full refund the sales staff told me too find a similar but better option at zero expense too me.

Fender MIM standard bumped up to a MIM Deluxe Players Strat

Jackson DK2 bumped up too a DKMG

In both cases they gave me around $100 off.

• Members

I have returned quite a few things and only had an an issue once- when my wife and her friend took a defective amp back for me during one of their shopping trips-the employees tried to tell them that the squealing noise it made was just distortion- -they found out rather quickly that my wife is neither meek nor stupid. Turned out in the end it was a floor model that they had reboxed amazingly well but forgot to tell me. Every other time they have been good.

• Members

Sherman Oaks, Northridge and Hollywood no problems.

Although once in Northridge I saw the same Les Paul I had just bought for 1900 on special for 1600. Asked them to give me a price reduction and they stalled a bit till I told them I was just going to return the guitar per the 30 day return guarantee. They gave me back the difference. A bit of strong-arming but I knew they didn't want to take the guitar back.

• Members

Never had a problem with returns... in fact, it's probably the main reason I'm still willing to buy from them.

If there's something I'm interested it, I buy it, and try it with my own rig.

If I'm not happy, back it goes... no problems.

I think if you abuse this, "rent" guitars for a few weeks, constantly return EVERYTHING... they may push back a bit... but I've bought and kept a bunch of stuff, and bought and returned a bunch.

Of course, I keep things in "like new" condition, save all the paperwork and packing material, and understand some items like software can't be returned.

M

• Members

Thanks everyone! I bought a Strat two weeks ago, I like it and all but ended up buying a much nicer strat like two days later, can't keep them both so I'll probably take back the first. Still has the plastic wrap on the pickguard and all, so I hope they just make this easy for me. I hate returning things. :o

Archived