Would you stay, or would you go?

Vintage55

• Members

Here's the scenario...

You've been a long time member of HCEG and spent many hours, days and years conversing with everyone else here. Posted pics of new guitars and amps. Asked and answered many questions. And made many friends.

Your band has finally gotten recognition, signed a contract, recorded and released your first cd. And best of all, the entire guitar-world is talking about YOU. Sure everyone loves your band and your sound, but the real buzz is about how great a guitarist you are. The second coming of...

Would you continue to post here? And if you did and the subject came up of you and how good you were, would you let it be known who you really are?

This may have indeed occured already, or there may be some major players who post here, unknown as to who they really are.

What do you think you would do?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Here's the scenario...

You've been a long time member of HCEG and spent many hours, days and years conversing with everyone else here. Posted pics of new guitars and amps. Asked and answered many questions. And made many friends.

Your band has finally gotten recognition, signed a contract, recorded and released your first cd. And best of all, the entire guitar-world is talking about YOU. Sure everyone loves your band and your sound, but the real buzz is about how great a guitarist you are. The second coming of...

Would you continue to post here? And if you did and the subject came up of you and how good you were, would you let it be known who you really are?

This may have indeed occured already, or there may be some major players who post here, unknown as to who they really are.

Well crap...I did my best to remain anonymous. Who spilled the beans and told you who I really was??? :cop:

• Members

this is more complicated than "would you continue to post?"

someone who breaks famous like that has a schedule to maintain...its not just make albums, play concerts...

there's personal appearances, interviews, meetings, glad-handing promoters, etc, that a personal assistant cant do for you...so when you get a break from all that, maybe you could make a few posts

but posting here with any regularity?...doubt it

• Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Spinner
OMG

youre here cause yer a fukkin' Dreamer

otherwise, You ...

would have more important things to do ....

Hate to say it, but this is probably the most truthful answer to the question.

I disagree...I think most are here because they enjoy guitars. You don't have to be a "dreamer" to enjoy playing and talking about guitars.

• Members

OMG

youre here cause yer a fukkin'
Dreamer

otherwise, You ...

would have more important things to do ....:poke:

There have been some pretty big guitarists that have posted here over the years or so I hear. Hell, CSM posts here. Somebody on here told me Joe Walsh used to post here.

• Members

I ALREADY spend too much time here .... but I think I'd try to keep up with it and one day I'd be on tour or something and I'd realize that not only hadn't I posted in a while but I hadn't even been ON in months .... But since I'll never be that good you can look forward to many more posts from me from work :p

• Members
I post here because I'm getting about $45 an hour to sit on my ass, and a lot of the time I don't have much constructive to do. Posting on sites like this helps me maintain the fiction that I'm busy and "indispensable"...
:wave:

Wow. Get me an application. :lol:

• Members

Here's the scenario...

I think you are making more of the whole fame thing than there really is. I had a little bit of notoriety many years ago, I was same slob after the notoriety as before, and I was the slob when I became a has been.

• Members

I would continue to post here, most likely. Probably less though....All my questions would get answered by my hired guitar tech or my sponsors.

I would just be even more tempted than I am now (if I were to get famous) to tell people who are rude and ignorant to "Shut the {censored} up because they don't know what they're talking about", because, well really, at that point they demonstrably wouldn't know what they're talking about.

You wanted honest answers, right?

• Members

sign me up!!! wtf do you do for a living???

Time.

I bet I know what he does for a living.....Probably the same thing I do for a living.

It affords me the opportunity to sit here and ponder guitar polls and other such nonsense all day.

Just like I would if I were rich and famous.

• Members

No, you wouldn't bsman.

I majored in English Literature.

Not much value there in the market, unless you want to be an editor or a teacher, and you're damn sure not going to make $45 an hour doing that.

For the record, I design and implement Intel based Server Systems and networks / Security Consultant.
Great thing I majored in English Lit......
*rolls eyes*

Archived