Least irritating songs to Jam to at GC?

Beckman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While chatting with a friend who works at the local South Bay CA GC, as a matter of fact talking about songs people should never play publicly at a guitar shop, some kid started playing Michael Jackson's "Beat It"! We both looked at each other and laughed but more a "I cant believe someone actualy played something other than ______". Im sure if the kid would have bought something he would have gotten a great discount just because he didnt try and do some played out riff.

• Members

I dont know how GC employees cope.

I was a karaoke MC for a couple of years and pretty much every night I had to listen to "My Way," "I Will Survive," and about a dozen more chestnuts performed poorly. Sometimes it drove me a little crazy, but in the immortal words of Hyman Roth: "This is the work that we have chosen."

While I'm sympathetic to GC employees, I don't pity them. From what I've seen, the spend a good part of their day playing tired riffs at high volume over equipment they're never gonna buy, so people in glass houses...

• 1 year later...
  • Members

My favorite thing to do at GC is to wait until the shredder come out of the woodwork, then find the biggest, baddest, highest gain amp I can find... then play jazz chord progressions with the amp dimed and set to sound like ass. This usually makes the shredders leave.

Archived