I play Sweet Child O' Mine Into better on my strat.

Beckman

• Members

I was struggling with the intro on my Epi LP. I decided to try it on my Strat, and I stopped messing up the picking. My fingers pressed the strings better I guess. I always thought of that song as an LP song.

Does anyone else play the intro better on a Strat? I did see a metal 80's cover band play it on a custom, Kramerish guitar. The guitarist used an LP for other songs, so he had one. Anyone else try to play songs on the stype of guitar they were recorded over the atlernate? Like Little Wing on an LP?

On another note, I stopped by Elderly music on Monday to try it on some really nice old LP's. It worked out better. I have to admit, I used to think that there was not much of a difference with the Epi LP's and the Gibsons, but they are Worlds different in feel. I did not plug them in, so this purely based on acoustic sound and feel. I am not going to bash Epi, they are fine guitars, just good looking imitations though. I also played a Heritage LP, and some Guild LP's and PRS's. Fine instruments, but I liked the Gibson's better.

• Members

Ah Sweet Child O Mine, the new Stairway To Heaven. Why does everyone play this song?

Max

Hi Troll!:wave:

It's a good song. It is just one in vast array of songs to play. Same with Stairway. Also, Under the Bridge. People play a lot of that as well. Are we only allowed to play obscure songs no one knows?

• Members

That's because Strats are the total awesomeness of guitars. Only people that really want to rock play them. The only reason you have other guitars is so that the epic failures will have something to play on. When you show up with a Strat people know you mean business.

Even the worst Squier Bullet is better than the overpriced garbage Gibson and PRS puts out. You want hair on your chest and balls big enough to bust down doors? Strat. You want women fawning over you and fighting one another just to get a whiff of your aromatic crotch? Get a Strat (and a wolf shirt).

DISCLAIMER: The above post was a joke. If you respond to it by pointing out either the absurdity of it, or anything else blatantly obvious, I will kick you in the e-taint and laugh at you.

• Members

scale length could be a reason too. the strat has more room inbetween the frets and therefore more room for your fingers. do you have big fingers? i do so when i play the intro, i only use 3 fingers rather then 4. its easier for me to move around. less digits in the way.

Archived