Sticky jam#104

Frets99

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks.

Dumb question about guitar port. I've read a bunch of stuff about it already but there's one thing that isn't clear about it. Does the guitar sound come from the speakers plugged into the PC or do I need to plug headphones into the guitarport (or disconnect the PC speakers from the PC and connect them to the guitarport) and listen through either the headphones or the speakers connected through the GP? If so, how would I hear whatever other track I'm playing on my computer?

I have mine setup to be the main "soundboard" for my computer. It's connected via USB. In the Sound control in the windows control panel, you can select what soundcard you want to use. Select Guitarport or Toneport for both playback and recording.

Now connect your Guitarport outs to your powered speakers. I just use my computer speakers for this, but you could use monitors or a poweramp and speaker, stereo, or anything else. If you want to use headphones with this setup, turn the speaker down or off, and plug the headphones into the Line6 headphone jack.

With this configuration, my recording software sees the inputs and plays both the bt and my recording through the L6 device.

M

• Members

I haven't really played guitar at all since August

this evening I decided to play the p90 tele that Brendan here built for me, and was enjoying that guitar so much I decided to log on here and do a jam -- hopefully the rust fell off on the first take, cuz here's the second

Still Gotz Mah Fangerz

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7067516

PICT0375.jpg

• Members
I can tell you have fun playing the blues! You do a great job of building tension through the various times through. Lots of cool ideas and stylish leads. I enjoyed it!
:thu:

M

Thanks M,I thought I told you before that I like the blues, in fact I LOVE THE BLUES.

• Members

I have mine setup to be the main "soundboard" for my computer. It's connected via USB. In the Sound control in the windows control panel, you can select what soundcard you want to use. Select Guitarport or Toneport for both playback and recording.

Now connect your Guitarport outs to your powered speakers. I just use my computer speakers for this, but you could use monitors or a poweramp and speaker, stereo, or anything else. If you want to use headphones with this setup, turn the speaker down or off, and plug the headphones into the Line6 headphone jack.

With this configuration, my recording software sees the inputs and plays both the bt and my recording through the L6 device.

M

so if I'm understanding this right, you have the guitarport essentially functioning as your soundcard. You have your computer speakers plugged into the GC and not your comp's soundcard?

so if I'm understanding this right, you have the guitarport essentially functioning as your soundcard. You have your computer speakers plugged into the GC and not your comp's soundcard?

I leave my speakers connected to the computer but use headphones coming out of my toneport when I'm recording and for playback of the recording software. There are line outs on mine to add speakers there also if I wanted but I just listen to the mixdown versions through my computer, myself.

• Members

this evening I decided to play the p90 tele that Brendan here built for me, and was enjoying that guitar so much I decided to log on here and do a jam -- hopefully the rust fell off on the first take, cuz here's the second

Still Gotz Mah Fangerz

PICT0375.jpg

Nice guitar! I like the twangy growl tone. You found a lot of ideas concentrating in a small tonal area, and thoroughly developed an idea. That's not an easy thing to do. Nice job.

• Members
Hey benzem how do you like your Tokai les paul?I love mine, here is a pic.I changed my pickups to gibson 57 classic.

Love my Tokai's.

My LS-150 1985 w/stock dimarzios super dist/PAF
IMG_0052.jpg

Liked it so much I bot a 79' LP Reborn LS50 stock pups MKII's I think. She is getting new frets
IMG_9415.jpg

And since these guys did such great stuff, why not a D28 replica. This thing is amazing. The wood/workmanship is top notch. i freakin LOVE it!!
1979 Tokai CE-400
P1150819.jpg
P1150826.jpg

Tokai make excellent guitars, as good as any

Still Gotz Mah Fangerz

PICT0375.jpg

One of the sexiest guitars on earth and you channeled real sweetness through her on this one!:thu:

• 1 year later...

Archived