New Microsoft Store....poor Apple!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The irony of this statement is priceless.

The big difference is that most Linux users know how to get around the operating system and are more computer savvy. We really don't care what the Mac users are doing. Really. Their commercials are amusing. And Linux is a FAR more secure operating system than Mac's.

The average Mac user posts their pictures on Facebook and looks at cute dog videos on YouTube....and proclaims the Apple Experience to be far more satisfying than using a PC.

They are experts, ya know! ;)

This thread was just supposed to poke fun at the Apple Cult...that is all. :)

• Members

And I run Macs in the office, and PCs for music and video. I think I live in Bizarro-land (although I do use an Intel Mac for PT and Logic).

Truth is Macs are in the studio because I run the studio, PCs are in the office because my partner runs the office. I will get her over to macs one of these days, but as long as she is doing all the scheduling and accounting, she gets to use what ever she wants.

I actually used to work for Microsoft, I was an audio lead, had an office and staff that reported to me in Redmond. I think that made me more of a mac guy.

• Members

One more thing about Microsoft's choice of Scottsdale: the Phoenix area -- of which Scottsdale is a part -- is a common testing ground for new products. That's because most people in Phoenix moved there from somewhere else in the US. If new products go over well, or not so well, in Phoenix, it's assumed that they'll fare about the same in the rest of the country.

The debut of the Microsoft store in Scottsdale may just be a testing of the water rather than a committal to a full-scale launch.

Best,

Geoff

Thats interesting. I would think MS will make this a full scale launch if they are serious about keeping their market share. I was reading somewhere recently how Vista screwed their reputation so bad that many jumped ship and went to Apple. I`m actually hoping Windows 7 is legit because it ups the ante for Apple. Competition is good.

• Members

All that
can
be forgiven, though, if Win 7 proves that MS has got its OS-mojo back up to at the very least XP-era levels.

Interesting how XP is so widely respected now. I remember it was released to severe and widespread criticism, which didn't relent until somewhere around service pack 2 time.

People were saying things like "XP is a bloated pile of crap, I'm sticking with Win98 until the next version comes out" or "no software should need that much RAM". Maybe Vista would've eventually gotten some love if it coulda just hung in there a bit longer...

Archived