I'm lookin for the Ferrari of straps

Bubbluz

• Members

Seeing as how virtually ALL of my playing is for myself these days,I've been thinking of treating myself to the ultimate of straps .

I have plenty of good quality leather straps.

Show me the elite.

I'm looking for the" ultra decadent " options.

:poke:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've found Fender straps to be the most comfortable, whether they be the cotton one that I use now or the leather ones I've used previously. If you want sturdiness without lockon strap pins, I'd go for Levi's. Had problems with my guitar falling off it's strap when the strap got twisted until I bought a Levi strap.

• Members

looks like we found the maserati of morons

[sarcasm]Exactly! {censored} cosmetics. It should do it's job and nothing more.

As a matter of a fact, I'm gonna go ahead and trade in my clothes, watches, belts, and shoes in for burlap sacks, rope, clogs, and a sun dial made of sticks. And i'm trading in my guitar for a {censored}ed up looking, but not bad performing, ugly peice of crap that has not been properly stained or oiled and has rusted parts. Yeah! [/sarcasm]

Seriously though, why the {censored} bash on someone that wants to look good playing guitar? That's like only buying family dollar brand full weaved "leather" belts. And crocs.

• Members

I've got a FretSling from the 70's, hands down the best strap I've ever owned. Its pretty wide and sort of cut like an "S", very comfortable and looks god as well.

Someone needs to get busy reproducing these, as its been quite a while since they've gone out of business.

• Members

Get a Louis Vuitton strap. I remember a couple years back LV's legal department sent Dave Navarro a cease and desist for using straps with their logos, as they were fakes being they have never made such a thing. Dave posted about it on his blog, talking a little bit of {censored}, saying he was a big customer and if they had a problem with it that he was sure that Tom Ford and Gucci wouldn't have a problem making him straps. A couple weeks later they sent him some "official" LV straps as an apology. I don't know if they have made any others. But that's got to be pretty close to the Ferrari level of excess.

• Members

I'd have to think this would be pretty comfortable. 4.5" AND padded!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Levy-s-4-1-2--Padded-Leather-Bass-Guitar-Strap-775312-i1130949.gc

My two best straps are Levys 2.5" non-padded straps, but they are double thick suede.

Certainly not the Ferrari of straps, but probably the Cadillac of straps. Or maybe the Mercedes E Class of straps.

Archived