NGD! Non-bling PRS content inside...

GreatDane

• Members

Your pics never fail to promote GAS, Dane. It also helps that is pretty much my dream PRS, HNGD!

haha~ thank you. i have been wanting a nice, simple looking PRS to beat around at practice, and i think this one will do nicely.

still love that LP Special you have. if you ever need to sell her... :thu:

• Members

Very elegant and sexy. I like the flamed-out ones too, but the understated ones really show off what great designs they are.

edit: BoneNut, they do have fore-and-aft adjustment screws, and the intonation is pretty much dead-on from the factory.

i completely agree. and thanks for responding to BN.

• Members

Beautiful!

I have a Goldtop singlecut... I don't mind the PRS bling... but the simple look of the solid colors is very cool as well!

Hope you have a great time playing it!

M

i don't mind the bling either, Michael~ i love the old bird inlays they used and am usually amazed by the choice of woods they have access to.

for this one though, i was definitely drawn to the simplicity and subtlety.

• Members

If I were to buy a PRS, that'd be the one. Or something like it in the original doublecut (not with the top horn longer) design.

Me too. I love the classic and simple design (therein lies the beauty). I almost bought a Soapbar II but when the seller was getting sketchy I decided to just get some P90 pickups and put them in a guitar that I already have.

That PRS is my fav of any I've seen. The birds make me ill and the tops with uber bling are not my thing.

• Members

Wow - great looking guitar. It reminds me of my favorite quote attributed to Buddy Guy - "Why did they keep changing guitars and amplifiers when they were perfect? They did the same things with cars, if you ask me. They forgot how to make them right, because they focused on style and bells and whistles."

• Members

Wow indeed - I want that exact guitar (and am actively hunting for it as we speak........)

I've become a real PRS slut the past couple years, and I'm a big fan of 'player' instruments. I've got a non-bling CE-24, and a 'semi' bling McCarty (has a nice top, but has also had the everloving {censored} played out of it!)

Need to complete the trio...........................

DSC_0307.jpg

Archived