Recommend me tele pickups!

RadiationNation

• Members

How do the Fender Custom Shop Texas Specials sound? I'm not necessarily going for a SRV-type sound, but basically I'm just looking to get a really full sound, while still retaining as much of the twang as possible.

I would use the Fender Original Vintage Tele set vs the Texas Specials set. I had a Texas Special set in my frankentele and replaced them with Kent Armstrongs and am quite happy with the Kent Armstrong set. I do have it wired for 4 way switching.

What is your budget?

• Members

Hi. I have just got a set of lindy fralin blues special for tele and I must say they are the best pickups I have ever owned. Right on the 150 mark. Clear, punchy and distort beautifully. I am going to get some for my strat too. I can't state enough how good they are. Look into them and d0 yourself a favour.

billy

• Members

Hi. I have just got a set of lindy fralin blues special for tele and I must say they are the best pickups I have ever owned. Right on the 150 mark. Clear, punchy and distort beautifully. I am going to get some for my strat too. I can't state enough how good they are. Look into them and do yourself a favour.

billy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I would use the Fender Original Vintage Tele set vs the Texas Specials set. I had a Texas Special set in my frankentele and replaced them with Kent Armstrongs and am quite happy with the Kent Armstrong set. I do have it wired for 4 way switching.

What is your budget?

Hey, thanks.

After your post, I looked into the Kent Armstrongs and decided to give them a go. Just finished installing them today, and I have to say they sound great. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for. A nice, full sound, but still with a definite spank/twang to them.

Much appreciated.

• Members

I too can vouch for Bryan's work.

Bryan, if you made a stacked single coil or HB the size to fit a standard Tele plate bridge, I would use your BGs exclusively for all applications. :cool:

Seriously though... Bryan's pickups are pretty unbelievable. Worth the wait. DEFINITELY worth the money. Personally, I am giddy about this new Tele neck pickup that is soon to be in regular production.

• Members

I'm looking to replace the pickups on a cheap Agile tele, and could use some help. I'm looking for something surfy and kind of twangy, but that still has a fullness. And obviously, the less I have to spend, the better.

Check out the toneriders for less money, for more, Fender No casters!

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Check out the toneriders for less money, for more, Fender No casters!

Archived