Strat Preloaded Quality HH Pickguard - Where to Find?

MickSlick

• Members

I've been wanting to convert my 01' American Series Strat to a true HH setup with full size HB's, likely with Seymour Duncans. I have been searching and am having a tough time coming up with options to purchase. Ideally a preloaded pickguard so I don't have to try to build from scratch or a Pre wired HH pickguard where I can then pick the p/us and solder them in. Any ideas or links to vendors that offer these options would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Members

I gather you are uncomfortable with soldering pots and switches.

I think short of going with EMGs, some soldering will have to happen with a strat. At least three joints. Just to throw that out there.

Having said that, I would assume you can get acmeguitarworks.com to wire up anything you can envision. You might send jay at Guitarfetish can help. They make custom wired pickguards for pretty cheap.

Or you can look for a used pre-wired pickguard on here in the for sale or spam sections.

You have to make sure your guitar is routed for humbuckers. And sometimes chrome- or gold-covered humbuckers won't fit in the existing rounds... sometimes only uncovered buckers will fit.

Not trying to be overly negative, just making sure you know what's up. :thu:

Archived