$1000 amp, what would you buy?

timmay8612

• Members

Thinking about plunking down around $1000 on an amp. New or used, whats your pick?

Needs to include:

Tubes

Combo, must be 1x12

Great clean (I like Fenders & Carvins) and dirty sounds, preferably in some kind of two channel setup.

Need to be able to disconnect internal speaker to plug in an attenuator

Less than 50 lbs

Suggestions?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Thinking about plunking down around $1000 on an amp. New or used, whats your pick?

Needs to include:

Tubes

Combo, must be 1x12

Great clean (I like Fenders & Carvins) and dirty sounds, preferably in some kind of two channel setup.

Need to be able to disconnect internal speaker to plug in an attenuator

Less than 50 lbs

Suggestions?

well, I wouldn't want what you are looking for so do I answer what you initially asked or what you later added for stipulations?

• Members
you ask what I would buy then give me boundries i dont care about.

with that said what I would bit for 1 grand is a vintage sunn or a redbear and blow

Yep, I had that same issue. WHAT WOULD YOU BUY for $1K. But then it turned into, WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD BUY.

• Members

you ask what I would buy then give me boundries i dont care about.

with that said what I would bit for 1 grand is a vintage sunn or a redbear and blow

I'm asking what you'd buy if you cared about my stipulations. What in your experience is good that fits my needs?

Will the Deluxe reverb act like a channel switching amp or will I have to fiddle with my volume knob to get the cleans right?

*now I'm getting it. I suck at naming threads. It should probably read, 'what should I buy?'

• Members

I'm asking what you'd buy if you cared about my stipulations. What in your experience is good that fits my needs?

Will the Deluxe reverb act like a channel switching amp or will I have to fiddle with my volume knob to get the cleans right?

*now I'm getting it. I suck at naming threads. It should probably read, 'what should I buy?'

yes, it is basically a one channel amp, as far as clean or dirty. How loud do you want your cleans to be? This is probably going to be my next amp, but it is 8 watts. Not a ton of clean volume, but it will be plenty for me to gig with.

[YOUTUBE]bS56y4_JUtM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I need a fair amount of clean headroom so that there isn't a huge volume difference between my clean and dirty sounds. Most of my playing out we can assume the sound techs will be too incompetent to turn me up or down when I switch sounds, so dynamics are completely up to me as the player, which isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world.

I will be playing 90% of the time either in my bedroom or a mic'd gig situation if that helps. Sounds like the Deluxe won't quite fit the bill.

Archived