Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin vs. Gibson ES 125

Steadfastly

• Members

I prefer the look of the Godin personally.

From this video I'd say the Gibson sounds a little nicer acoustically but it's not a huge difference. Amplified there seems to be virtually no difference.

To make a really informed decision I'd like to hear someone who can play a little better (me, for instance :lol:) and I'd want to hear them live rather than via a video.

Edited to ask: BTW, is it really pronounced God-in (as he says it here) or should it be Go-din or Go-dan?

• Members

I prefer the
look
of the Godin personally.

From this video I'd say the Gibson sounds a little nicer acoustically but it's not a huge difference. Amplified there seems to be virtually no difference.

To make a really informed decision I'd like to hear someone who can play a little better
(me, for instance
:lol:
)
and I'd want to hear them live rather than via a video.

Edited to ask: BTW, is it really pronounced God-in (as he says it here) or should it be Go-din or Go-dan?

Go-dan. I'm not linguistically skilled, so I don't know how to explain it, but it should be pronounced the way you'd say it in French. :)

• Members

I prefer the
look
of the Godin personally.

To make a really informed decision I'd like to hear someone who can play a little better
(me, for instance
:lol:
)
and I'd want to hear them live rather than via a video.

Most pronounce it Go'din, which is the English pronunciation. In French, it is Go-dan'.

Archived