Bought two tickets for Vince Gill concert...

BlackHatHunter

• Members

... I am pumped.

3rd row, dead middle, in a small, intimate venue w/ a great sound system. I missed out when Emmylou Harris played there recently. That's also the venue I went to see John Prine play.

I'm gonna have a great vantage point to see one of my favorite guitar player's fingers during a complete show. Can't wait!

Oh, and Vince, I know you're getting a Thorn... feel free to play mine for that show ;) We can work it out :D

I realize that many people don't like country music, but to not see a master musician and guitar player like Vince Gill because of a silly genre/label issue is a huge waste. Don't do that to yourself! :)

• Members

A couple of years ago on PBS they played one of those Eric Clapton guitarapalooza type deals with loads of killer guitarists.

I thought Vince Gill was the most impressive of the whole show.

Was that the one where Vince played with Albert Lee? Because that was one insane performance.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Enjoy. I saw Robben Ford at the Belcourt theatre in Nashville and Brad Paisley got up and played 3 tunes. Then Vince got up later and played a pair. Then to end the show, all three got up and played 2 tunes together. Very cool. It was high end boutique amp tone heaven: Dumble (Ford), Trainwreck thru a Matchless (Paisley), and Goodsell (Vince). Great show.

• Members

id say his third is keith urban, going strictly off the "current" and guitar related.

the show should be killer, enjoy it.

Yeah, I like Keith Urban too. His songs are stupid, but I have to remind myself that somehow Nicole Kidman fell for him, so who am I to question "Kiss a Girl"?

Tayor Swift makes me want to vomit nails. She reminds me of every girl who ever turned me down from age 12--25. Eventually, we'll learn that she's a cutter and a victim of incest (possibly a brother), and that she's anorexic.

She'll crash and burn at age 24 and then try to make a comeback when she turns 50.

Yeah, I have issues with tall, skinny blonds.

• Members

Ive Seen all of these videos. I wouldnt say he is the best of all. There are others that are as good or better, but when you are that good it becomes splitting hairs. I believe Brent Mason is a better player overall, but I actually prefer listening to Vince. The Hellecasters on a whole are my favorite Tele players. Vince is right up their with all these guys, A badass player.

• Members

Ive Seen all of these videos. I wouldnt say he is the best of all. There are others that are as good or better, but when you are that good it becomes splitting hairs. I believe Brent Mason is a better player overall, but I actually prefer listening to Vince. The Hellecasters on a whole are my favorite Tele players. Vince is right up their with all these guys, A badass player.

I agree. Check out Brad Paisley's Cluster Pluck with Brent Mason, Vince Gill, Albert Lee, John Jorgenson, Redd Volkeart, & Steve Warriner.

You can clearly hear that Gill hangs with the rest of the crowd pretty well.

http://www.lala.com/#album/504684633539812291

• Members

I agree. Check out Brad Paisley's Cluster Pluck with Brent Mason, Vince Gill, Albert Lee, John Jorgenson, Redd Volkeart, & Steve Warriner.

You can clearly hear that Gill hangs with the rest of the crowd pretty well.

Yeah, I have the Play Album. It is excellent.

You ever use pandora radio, start a Vince Gill station add a few guys like Paisley, Johnny Highlad, Duke Levigne, etc, etc, and the station will start playing alot of other lesser known players that are all excellent. Ive discovered about ten or so new(to me)players within the past year or so that are all similar to these guys. Some monsters out there.

• Members

Yeah, I have the Play Album. It is excellent.

You ever use pandora radio, start a Vince Gill station add a few guys like Paisley, Johnny Highlad, Duke Levigne, etc, etc, and the station will start playing alot of other lesser known players that are all excellent. Ive discovered about ten or so new(to me)players within the past year or so that are all similar to these guys. Some monsters out there.

Thanks for that.

• Members

I have that DVD. It's called "the Players" and it's amazing from start to finish. It's the cream of Nashville studio players, and holy cow... wow.

Vince to me has it all. He tells the funny jokes, he plays just about any style, he writes incredible songs, he does bluegrass because he can, you name it, he does it. And he married Amy Grant for Pete's sake ;)

• Members

Vince Gill is an amazing player, and what a voice!

He's one of three of the current crop of country singers that I can stomach. Brad Paisley is cool. I'll let you guess who number three is.

Dwight Y is the real deal in country music from my perspective. I totally agree on these other two as well!

Archived