Moog Guitar

keybdwizrd

• Members

Well, it's a very expensive piece of kit.

I've been playing around with my VG99 to see if I could emulate some of

the polyphonic e-bow type effects and came up with this:

http://pod.ath.cx/vg99/sounds/fauxmoog.mp3

I just came up with a clean tone type sound with compression and reverb and then I set-up the feedback effect to sustain the chords when I held them.

A lot cheaper than the Moog guitar and I can do normal/regular guitar stuff too.

Of course, I'm playing a regular guitar with a Roland GK3 hexaphonic pickup attached, then the VG99 connects to the

GK3 and the output of the VG goes right into the board.

Although, if I had $5000 I might consider a moog guitar just because it's an innovative and interesting piece of kit.

• Members
I was just wondering how many people have purchased one of these, or intend to. They seem to be innovative (yet expensive) instruments, but I'm a keyboardist so it's difficult to know how they're perceived broadly in the world of guitarists.

I've never wanted one myself. I think if someone wanted that type of sound they'd be better off getting a really good synthesizer. I think the electric guitar sounds great as it is.

• Members

If I had the money I'd buy one. I do a lot of ambient electronic music and it would be great for that. Although I could probably get close to some of what the Moog can do with my Sustainiac & GK2A equipped guitar into my VG99 & GR33. But I'm always interested in the latest gadgets.

Archived