Ever buy an amp, sell it, only to want it again?

super56k

• Members

In a week my Bing cashback will clear for a Vox Night Train I bought (and quickly sold) back in late November I believe.

About an hour ago I bought another one from the same ebay seller. :facepalm: It's a decent deal at least, $395 with free shipping for a b-stock ($363 after 8% Bing).

My first Night Train got punked by a Vox Pathfinder 15r that I got at the same time. The Pathfinder did the clean stuff nicely so I went for the cheapest option rather than the NT. The Pathfinder though acted as a gateway drug that had me lusting after the Vox style grind and chime that I got with the NT. I gave in today, and now I anxiously await its arrival. Hopefully this time around I can manage to hold on to it for more than a few days... :lol:

• Members

i miss all three of the Vox AC30s I had in the late '70s (two blonde ones and an incredibly battered but still fabulous blue piggyback). The blonde ones had to go to help our manager pay off his debts after the band collapsed, and the blue one went because ...

Well ...

... because I was stupid and figured I needed something more flexible and 'modern' for the '80s. Yep, I was the dumbass who sold a 1964 piggyback AC30 and bought a Peavey Deuce.

Pillory me commencing ... now.

• Members

the blue one went because ...

Well ...

... because I was stupid and figured I needed something more flexible and 'modern' for the '80s. Yep, I was the dumbass who sold a 1964 piggyback AC30 and bought a Peavey Deuce.

Pillory me commencing ... now.

I did the same thing with a '57 tweed deluxe. I got a Dean Markley CD-40. :facepalm:

A friend still has the CD-40. I played it a few months ago. The clean channel isn't so bad, and the interior build is pretty decent.

I now own two tweed deluxe clones.

And no channel switching amps.

• Members

Life is not linear, that's for sure!

Did you hold on to the Pathfinder in the end?

I still have it and play it more than my tube amp right now actually. I might sell it though. I found someone on TGP in Indiana looking to buy one so I sent them a heads up.

• Members

I can't say I've ever sold an amp and regretted enough to buy the same amp.

The amps I've sold:

Peavey Rage

Peavey Classic Chorus 212

THD Univalve

Fender Cybertwin

Marchall JCM 800 2203 head

Never even considered buying another of any of them, though I sometimes wish I'd held onto the Classic Chorus, just because it was such a workhorse.

• Members

i recently sold my marshall bluesbreaker to buy studio syuff... 2 smaller amps and acoustic treatment... funny enough one of the amps i got was a vox night train... i like the vox.... but it's a toy compared to the bluesbreaker... looking forward to my ceriatone champ ultra arriving

the bluesbreaker is hands down the best amp i've ever owned or payed through... i'll own one again one day