Hit some hard times... how much would I get for... (guitars)

Jin84

• Members

I hit some hard times and need to sell a few guitars...

how much would I get for the following...

Gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway Faded (red) - mint

Epiphone Les Paul Elitist Custom (black) - modified w/ Gibson humbuckers (forgot which exactly)

Epiphone SG Elitist - chipped paint.

How much should I be getting for these guitars if I find the guts to sell them? >_

• Members

These guitars have been all discontinued, so I can't get the new prices for these.

Ok, but how much were they new? Non of those are collectable, except maybe the Elitist, so you will have to base it on that. I'm not that familiar with those particular guits, so I can't be much more help.

• Members

I bought an SG faded for $400.00 with a little wear on it.

If you need to move them cheap I would say price them low on CL.

Facts are facts and the market sucks right now (if you're a seller). If you need quick cash you need to price them low.

This is why people should put their money in the bank before they spend it on guitars. Last thing you need is your money tied up in guitars when you need cash.

• Members

As others have said, Ebay completed listings. Also, use the reviews section here and look at used prices. Use www.searchtempest.com and do a global Craigslist search, see how much they're running for.

You can generally get $50 or so more on Craigslist than Ebay simply because they don't have to deal with paying for shipping or the wait and can see it in person. Selling for LESS than Ebay on Craigslist on hurts you.

• Members

I sold a Gibson LP Doublecut Faded last summer on CL for $475, and it took a while to sell. It was mint.

My local GC had a EPI Elitist LP Custom up for sale forever at $899. Nobody bought if for about a year. They shipped it to another store to see how it would do.

A chipped Elitist SG, I think you're looking at $450 if you're very lucky.

• Members

As others have said, Ebay completed listings. Also, use the reviews section here and look at used prices. Use
www.searchtempest.com
and do a global Craigslist search, see how much they're running for.

You can generally get $50 or so more on Craigslist than Ebay simply because they don't have to deal with paying for shipping or the wait and can see it in person. Selling for LESS than Ebay on Craigslist on hurts you.

I dunno, I typically list things for more on eBay to account for the ridiculous fees.