Any good les paul copies with floyds?

• Members

There's the Tuscany Rush Custom. I just got one of these; it's fun, but nowhere near the quality of an Edwards.

tuscany_rush_cust.jpg

Epiphone made a run of Les Pauls with Floyds a few years ago.

If I were you, I'd either go for the Burny, or save up and get an Axcess. They kick ass

• Members

Valveampusa

They were the US dealer last year. The distributor blew out his remaining stock for $249, so I figured I would give it a try.

The design is pretty solid, lots of similarity to the Axcess: thinner body, tummy cut, slighty contoured heel, Floyd trem.

It's really light, almost too light for me. Build quality is decent, especially for a guitar made in Vietnam. Pickups are suprisingly good actually.

It's not great, feels "cheap", and it needs some tweaking to make it play up to it's potential.

For a $250 beater, it's cool.

• Members

There's a guy on the local craigslist who for the last couple of months has been hawking various copies that he says are made in Korean (which makes me think they are made in China, but I'm cynical).

This weeks ads are featuring LP Axcess copies. I'll reproduce the ad, for posterity:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/msg/1575634448.html

FLOYD ROSE, L P Axcess copy!! - $400

CheapLPcopies.jpg

Awesome Les Paul Copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Antique Burst Flame Top!

- Cherry Sunburst Flame Top!

- Silver Burst!

- Trans Black Flame Top!

- Blue Flame Top!

LES PAUL AXCESS copies with Licensed Floyd Rose Bridges

Correct headstock, Block inlays starting at the first fret, quality hardware and beautiful finishes!!

These are not lightweight copies, but a full 8 pounds!! Korean Imported.

$400???

Seems a bit steep.

• Members

Valveampusa

They were the US dealer last year. The distributor blew out his remaining stock for $249, so I figured I would give it a try.

The design is pretty solid, lots of similarity to the Axcess: thinner body, tummy cut, slighty contoured heel, Floyd trem.

It's really light, almost too light for me. Build quality is decent, especially for a guitar made in Vietnam. Pickups are suprisingly good actually.

It's not great, feels "cheap", and it needs some tweaking to make it play up to it's potential.

For a $250 beater, it's cool.

Ok, I knew they had them but they are all gone now. I thought there may be a new US dealer.

Hey, if you ever want to sell that, hit me up. I'm most likely gonna be selling off what i have except the Axcess and the PRS. One of those would fill the void a little.

• Members

That's a good question..(with a couple good answers so far) I can't offer much but I look a lot and have never seen any of the older MIJ copies like greco, tokai or orville...with them.

They are very rare. Never seen a greco or tokai. Burny made one circa 83' w/factory floyd. Didn't bid on the one I have seen on ebay and I regret it. It was all stock cept bridge pup. Custom, black, ebony, all gold hardware, BEAUTIFUL. The seller even posted a demo vid. I have not seen another since.

The new fernandes/burny have floyd models and sustainer pups. Have not tried, I have had best luck with 80's mij models.

• Members

EVL-K6_(WP)_04.jpg

CONSTRUCTION Set-in

BODY Mahogany

NECK Maple 3pc, Modern ''C'' Shape

NECK WIDTH 1F : 43mm / 24F : 56mm

NECK THICKNESS 1F : 19.5mm / 12F : 21.5mm

FINGERBOARD Ebony, 15 3/4'' Radius(400mm)

FRET 24 / Jumbo (2.9mm)

INLAY EVL Custom Inlay w/ Pentagon Circles

TUNER Die cast

SCALE 25 1/2'' (648mm)

NUT Locking Nut w/ Retainer Bar

BRIDGE Double locking-II

PICKUP EMG 81/85 (H-H)

CONTROL 1vol, 1tone, 3way toggle

PICKUP SWITCHING 3-Position

Position1 : Neck

Position2 : Neck & Bridge

Position3 : Bridge

HARDWARE DBNS (Dark Black Nickel Satin)

UNIQUE FEATURE EVL Metal Truss Rod Cover

Pentagon Knobs w/O-rings

STRING D'addario EXL110(046-010)

COLOR WP (White Pearl), EVL-Z6 in WP also available

• Members

Ok, I knew they had them but they are all gone now. I thought there may be a new US dealer.

Hey, if you ever want to sell that, hit me up. I'm most likely gonna be selling off what i have except the Axcess and the PRS. One of those would fill the void a little.

I'll keep that in mind, but honestly; you've already got an Axcess. Why bother with the Tuscany? The Gibson is 100% better in every regard!

• Members

EVL-K6_(WP)_04.jpg

CONSTRUCTION Set-in

BODY Mahogany

NECK Maple 3pc, Modern ''C'' Shape

NECK WIDTH 1F : 43mm / 24F : 56mm

NECK THICKNESS 1F : 19.5mm / 12F : 21.5mm

FINGERBOARD Ebony, 15 3/4'' Radius(400mm)

FRET 24 / Jumbo (2.9mm)

INLAY EVL Custom Inlay w/ Pentagon Circles

TUNER Die cast

SCALE 25 1/2'' (648mm)

NUT Locking Nut w/ Retainer Bar

BRIDGE Double locking-II

PICKUP EMG 81/85 (H-H)

CONTROL 1vol, 1tone, 3way toggle

PICKUP SWITCHING 3-Position

Position1 : Neck

Position2 : Neck & Bridge

Position3 : Bridge