TC Electronic Polytune...the final version...

steve_man

• Members

[YOUTUBE]mGBG2OeayMY&feature[/YOUTUBE]

My pedalboard is a Ground Control Pro. I don't have any instrument signal going to the board and I wouldn't want to run one just for a tuner.

Me too. I'm thinking of getting a pedal tuner and mounting it in my rack somehow. There is pretty much nothing out there for rack tuners anymore. Just the $60 Behringer and the $360 Peterson. Looks like Korg discontinued their rack tuners.

• Members

There is pretty much nothing out there for rack tuners anymore. Just the $60 Behringer and the $360 Peterson. Looks like Korg discontinued their rack tuners.

Really? That's too bad. The Korgs are pretty good.

I have a Korg now so unless TC makes a rack of this one, I'll be hanging on to it.

• Members

Really? That's too bad. The Korgs are pretty good.

I have a Korg now so unless TC makes a rack of this one, I'll be hanging on to it.

I think so. I haven't been able to find them on any of the Musician's Friend/Sweetwater/AMS sites. I was looking at them before Xmas, but I figured I would wait until after the holidays. Now they're gone...

• 2 weeks later...

I got to try one at NAMM this year...one of the developers posed with it for me after I asked way too many questions:

NAMM2010Day2010.jpg

:)

I won't be replacing my Turbo Tuner with it but I will probably be buying one for my studio for the students to use. Pretty cool, just not cooler than the Turbo Tuner.

• Members

This is cool as {censored}.

I can't believe that no one has mentioned how much it would help with those guitars that tend to drift from string to string as you tune. You know that ones that when you tune that low E string up everything else goes flat. You can see them all at once and just go for it.

As for intonation; it's +/- 0.5 cents which is more accurate than almost anything out there. The only things that are more accurate are the Peterson and TurboTuners which are .01 - .02 or something. Anything within 1 cent is usually more than good enough for intonation though.

For $99 this is a great looking product.

• Members
I got to try one at NAMM this year...one of the developers posed with it for me after I asked way too many questions:

NAMM2010Day2010.jpg

:)

I won't be replacing my Turbo Tuner with it but I will probably be buying one for my studio for the students to use. Pretty cool, just not cooler than the Turbo Tuner.

holy {censored}, mark, that's my buddy that works there.

i KNEW that brilliant sonofabitch had something to do with this.

holy {censored}, mark, that's my buddy that works there.

i KNEW that brilliant sonofabitch had something to do with this.

how funny...he was really nice and spent quite a bit of time answering questions for me. He even puit up with the crowd when Duff Macagan walked into the booth next to us and started signing stuff...who knew that Duff Macagan would be drawing more than flies at this point?

Archived