Craigslist deal... Would you?

Mr_GoodBomb

• Members

i sell lots of stuff on craigslist. I always ask people to come to my house. Why? Cause I don't want to drive anywhere and wait 2 hours for some flake who probably won't show up. I rather sit at home playing guitar. In fact I'm more annoyed by people who want to meet in a public place. If I can go to their house there's much less chance they'll be late. No reason to be scared, the world isn't that ugly a place....

• Members

i sell lots of stuff on craigslist. I always ask people to come to my house. Why? Cause I don't want to drive anywhere and wait 2 hours for some flake who probably won't show up. I rather sit at home playing guitar. In fact I'm more annoyed by people who want to meet in a public place. If I can go to their house there's much less chance they'll be late. No reason to be scared, the world isn't that ugly a place....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Markoff

Invite strangers to your house all you like, I'll pass. The fact that they made me uncomfortable BEFORE mentioning that they would only do the exchange at their home was what did it for me.

• Members

Invite strangers to your house all you like, I'll pass. The fact that they made me uncomfortable BEFORE mentioning that they would only do the exchange at their home was what did it for me.

So you were looking for a prostitute or a guitar? I'd assume there would be weirdos out there when you are in the prostitution business whether your the client or the customer. Selling a guitar or any other innocuous item is a bit different, I'd say.

I understand the concern but most people in the world aren't looking to rip you off and dismember you, believe it or not. There certainly is logic of wanting somebody to go to your house. Convenience, extenuating circumstances like what if the person is in a wheel chair or something? You just never know. But if your scared then don't.

• Members

So you were looking for a prostitute or a guitar? I'd assume there would be weirdos out there when you are in the prostitution business whether your the client or the customer. Selling a guitar or any other innocuous item is a bit different, I'd say.

:lol::lol:exactly.

I move around often and don't have much of value or children running around or else i'd be a little more concerned about who I give my address too, but then again it's not like any of that stuff isn't public knowledge or easily found. If I had kids I would want to meet in public. That doesn't change the fact that I'd always prefer to go to the seller's house then wait for him/her in a parking lot somewhere.

Archived